UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

NCAA Final Four

The Final Four is all set: UCLA, Florida, LSU, and George Mason.

During the season UAlbany played two of the four-team field competitively. We lost to UCLA by only 8 points and had a lead against Florida late in the first half. Remember this quotation by Coach Brown? “In two years I think Florida could be a Final Four team.” Good prognostication, coach. It happened even earlier.

If UConn had prevailed in OT, then UAlbany would have played well against 3 teams in the Final Four this season.

All of these developments toward the end of the season show the huge progress our program has made in the last few years. Two seasons ago, Final Four to UAlbany meant the total number of students we could put on the floor in the last Hartford game. (Now Harrison is gone, and Will Brown may be on the verge of signing a lucrative multi-year contract.) Today Final Four means something much different to UAlbany.

I think we actually had a lead pretty late in the second half of the UCLA game as well. I take your point about the final four and it would be terrific to have played UCLA or Florida in the year they won the championship. Despite that, I can't keep myself from rooting for George Mason.