UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Speaking of football, I heard Coach Ford on Dan Murphy's show yesterday. The question of the stadium came up, but all Coach said was that the current stadium was not up to par with the DI weight room, locker rooms, and practice fields. He did not say anything about plans for a new stadium. Has something changed?

Speaking of football, I heard Coach Ford on Dan Murphy's show yesterday.  The question of the stadium came up, but all Coach said was that the current stadium was not up to par with the DI weight room, locker rooms, and practice fields.  He did not say anything about plans for a new stadium.  Has something changed?

13795[/snapback]

Not that I know of.

I think Coach Ford is trying to avoid getting people's hopes up with regard to timing. If I were him I'd be disgruntled about the stadium situation. I can see it happening like the lockerroom upgrades - state beurocracy holding the construction up. The lockerroom still has not been finished.

I spoke to some folks about the stadium when I visited spring practice a few weeks ago. Everything was still on track for ground breaking sometime in 2007, however, some of the plans may have to change with regards to location. There is apparently some water problems with the proposed site (the RACC parking lot) and now a $1million environmental study needs to be done to keep it there.

Why don't the just build on top of University Field? Maybe they need to turn the field North and South to avoid the wind, but that wouldn't be that difficult would it?

I spoke to some folks about the stadium when I visited spring practice a few weeks ago.  Everything was still on track for ground breaking sometime in 2007, however, some of the plans may have to change with regards to location.  There is apparently some water problems with the proposed site (the RACC parking lot) and now a $1million environmental study needs to be done to keep it there.

Why don't the just build on top of University Field?  Maybe they need to turn the field North and South to avoid the wind, but that wouldn't be that difficult would it?

13803[/snapback]

Turn it sideways and they'd have to dig out the hill halfway to the library, rearrange the roads, and it might cramp the space for the proposed student/recreation building between there and Dutch Quad. That could significantly increase the cost. It also trashes the plans for the extension of the RACC that would have connected to the stadium.

OTOH the stadium would be more centrally located on the campus, closer to the dorms.