UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lunch with the Governor

The Danes basketball team will be having lunch with the Governor at the Executive Mansion today at 1p. Looks like the recognition just keeps on coming! Really happy for them..

14239[/snapback]

Thanks, GDG. If only we could get Iorizzo (or whatever his name is) to write an article about it...

Speaking of which, I saw McElroy down here at the Capitol yesterday (he actually recognized me and said "hi" which was scary.) I've been combing through calendars to figure out why, but couldn't find an answer. I'd assume it had something to do with more money for something, duh, but maybe not.

In all seriousness, does UA athletics even have a beat writer?

The Danes basketball team will be having lunch with the Governor at the Executive Mansion today at 1p. Looks like the recognition just keeps on coming! Really happy for them..

14239[/snapback]

Thanks, GDG. If only we could get Iorizzo (or whatever his name is) to write an article about it...

Speaking of which, I saw McElroy down here at the Capitol yesterday (he actually recognized me and said "hi" which was scary.) I've been combing through calendars to figure out why, but couldn't find an answer. I'd assume it had something to do with more money for something, duh, but maybe not.

In all seriousness, does UA athletics even have a beat writer?

14241[/snapback]

The legislature is overriding Pataki's budget vetoes. If there was money in the budget for Albany athletic facilities, the T-U would have reported it, wouldn't they have?

<_<

Mark Singelais is supposed to be the beat writer, but we don't get much out of him - unless Siena feeds Iorizzo stories, and we make MS dig for his.

Today's Gazette had a story about UAlbany softball sweeping Vermont, which I thought was tomorrow - until I realized they repeated the story of April 12.

The lunch itself isn't open to the press but there's media availability immediately following it...so we'll see if the TU picks it up at all for tomorrow. Pretty foolish if they don't.

14245[/snapback]

Well, the Times Siena (online ed.) picked up the AP story, the very same story you can read in the New York Newsday which is based, what, 200 miles away? Thanks for nothing.

I know there's a lot going on around here right now and I'm not asking for a huge article, but to not have local coverage from an actual "journalist" is a complete joke. An effort would have been nice.

Its barely 7 AM, lol.

That there was no pre or post game Syracuse lax game coverage (despite it being the headline story in the Gazette) and no locally written story yesterday leads me to believe that Mark Singelais is on vacation. Any other statement i may make could lead to a further allegation of penis envy. I apologize for the cintinued use of that phrase, but it'll be a long time til i stop being amused by it.