UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Talent level in the AE

It should be interesting to see how Siena Tony spins this bit of info.

Tony is forever disparaging AE recruits as not being MAAC level players but when two UVM players decide to leave, two MAAC teams on the rise scoffed them up.

Duell to Siena - 7.4ppg/3.9rpg - .405FG%/.313 3PFG%

Schneider to Marist - 6.4ppg/4.7rpg - .317FG%/.317 3PFG%

It should be interesting to see how Siena Tony spins this bit of info.

Tony is forever disparaging AE recruits as not being MAAC level players but when two UVM players decide to leave, two MAAC teams on the rise scoffed them up.

Duell to Siena - 7.4ppg/3.9rpg - .405FG%/.313 3PFG%

Schneider to Marist - 6.4ppg/4.7rpg - .317FG%/.317 3PFG%

14242[/snapback]

Patchy why the attitude? Never said good players in the AE wouldn’t be good players in the MAAC. Generally speaking MAAC players are slightly better and the teams are deeper and more talented. Don’t take my word for it, ask your coach or ask someone at the City Rocks. The fact of the matter is the MAAC is a higher rated conference and has been most years. Anyone that knows a lick about College basketball knows that, perhaps that explains why your having trouble comprehending it. Having said that it’s not like AE players aren’t Division 1 players. Generally speaking the top 3 or 4 teams in the AE could play in the MAAC no problem. Take this year for example Albany was the best in the AE and Siena was 4th in the MAAC. Yet Siena beat Ualb and although the numbers suggest the teams were close most would say Siena was better because they won head to head match up.. Either way its debatable yet Siena was only a 4th place team in the MAAC what does that tell you? I don't have to break out conference RPI do I?

As for Duell and Schneider, both are solid D1 players , I doubt either will be a star in the MAAC, both will probably be role players. Nothing wrong with that. What are you suggesting with your post Patch? I do find it interesting the never ending need for Albany posters to bring up Siena. Hope that answers your question patch

Siena Tony only because you deleted this twice on the website you control.....

Take this rating with a grain of salt........

110.    SIENA (9 Points)..........4 Recruits..........2.3 Talent Rating Average Per Recruit..........Metro Atlantic Conference

from today's HOOPSCOOP

Now I'll add this

126.    ALBANY (8 Points)..........3 Recruits..........2.7 Talent Rating Average Per Recruit..........America East Conference
from today's HOOPSCOOP

It appears to me that Siena and UA are recruiting similar level players, now I said "take these ratings with a grain of salt" because HOOPSCOOP doesn't list Reid Anderson for UA which will make us atleast equal in points and atleast equal in talent rating avg. so I wonder if your philosophy that UA can't recruit the same level of players that Siena can will change.

I use HOOPSCOOP only because that's the figures you use when it benefits you.

I personally don't give much credence to any of the scouting services as I find them politically friendly to certain groups. It's all about who your connected to. For instance if Ubiles signed Big East or Gifford signed at a higher level automattically their ratings would jump.

Edited by Patch

It's interesting that Stony Brook class which was ballyhooed so much over the season is looking like another just another AE recruiting class.

STONY BROOK (14 Points)..........6 Recruits..........2.3 Talent Rating Average Per Recruit..........America East Conference