UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Siena Jealousy???

I was reading through these posts and felt the need to point one thing out.

I was about 4 feet away when Jamar Wilson was hacked right before he let go of what would have been the game winning shot at the Albany-Siena game.

After the game, all players including Siena's said Jamar was fouled.

Point, being, lets not make the Siena victory out to be a barometer of the two teams' matchup because it's not.

Let me get this straight, playing IVY League Champ Penn at the Palestra, Big East Champ Syracuse in the Dome, at Hofstra (beat George Mason twice!), and at Umass is a weak schedule?  You guys really need to learn about the landscape of college basketball.

Siena also had some quality wins over an A10 team, a very good Patriot league team, and of course against the America Least Champion.

Of course I will agree that Albany was beaten by some heavyweights last year, but they also played and lost to some real slugs (Harvard and Sacred Heart to name a couple).

By the way, Fran recruited the Big East player of the year while at Notre Dame and two NBA lottery picks.

Learn more about college basketball.

14798[/snapback]

We did not say that Siena played a weak schedule, but, on the other hand, Penn, Hofstra, and UMass are NOT Florida, UCLA, or UConn.

UAlbany fans are very aware that we lost to the likes of Sacred Heart and other teams.

Some Siena fans look only at those losses to judge our season. UAlbany fans are merely saying that our basketball program has made major progress in the last few years. Our progress is phenomenal since we have been in Division I only 7 years.

Regarding our match this season, please don't make the mistake of overhyping the result. Yes, you won the game and the bragging rights that went with it, but you won the game in overtime after a controversial end of regulation on your home court. Your victory was NOT a convincing show of power. For your team, which has been in Division I for about 25 years, to win this narrow victory over us with our much shorter tenure in the upper Division I does not exactly show overwhelming superiority. It's like a 25-year old beating a 7-year old in a fist fight and then bragging about it.

14799[/snapback]

Actually according to Siena Media guide Siena went D1 in 1976 so it is 30 years