UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Upcoming Season

olddog71 - In contrast to Graham, Courtney was a major contributor to the team in the previous season. He had good defensive skills and kept us in the game when we would have lost or kept the losing margin lower. Considering he was a walk-on, he helped the team a lot when we were at our lowest.

I understood that he went to St. Rose because it was in his best academic interest to do so. St. Rose offered a certain educational program that we do not provide.

When the team got better, there was much less of an opportunity for him to contribute on the floor. I have a great deal of respect for Courtney Johnson and am thankful he played for us at a time when we needed all the help we could get.

As usual you are right on target with all your comments on Courtney.

He was a warrior for the Danes but as a walk-on was caught behind some pretty good talent - Jamar, Lu, Iati and Lillis.

In fact Courtney could be seen at almost all the Danes home games sitting in the stands right behind the bench rooting the team on as hard as anyone. I spoke to him once and every time I saw him both before and after he left the team he represented the University and himself with class. The Courtney Johnsons of the world are lifes little pleasures.

I agree with KiKuria---Courtney is a class act and had to make a decision for himself that did not adversely affect the team. He was in Philly at the UConn game and I am sure he was just as excited as everyone else at the success of his former teammates. He was a walk-on who contributed greatly in the teams time of need. The time that is required to be just on the team in college is incrediable. If he chose to go to CSR for both academic and athletic reasons, I won't question his decision making.

purple_alum - do you have a special interest in Kiel Graham?????

Oh ok well than hands down to Johnson but if you were in Grahams shoes would you leave your family to go across the country to sit on the bench. I guess yeah for a education but you can get that anywhere.

1. Graham chose to come to UA, he was not forced into it. He knew we had Zoellner and he knew we had Brent. He also knew we were a distance away from Wisconsin and California.

2. Every kid who signs DI thinks they are going to be a star or atleast a starter.

3. He stuck it out for, only, a total of 5 games. At a time when the team was struggling - Lu had a bum ankle and no Lillis, yet, plus two long road trips.

4. He played his JC ball in California and he was from Wisconsin so to go from Wisconsin to NY shouldn't have been too much of a shocker.

5. For whatever reason Kiel chose to leave. Only he truly knows why. A guy like Jerrad Knotts from California came 4 years ago via a Maryland Prep School and stayed to graduate. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Kiel seemed like a good kid who had some talent but he must of had some issues with the Coaches, the Players or the School. Hopefully he found himself a school where he could play and complete his degree. I don't think he's going to the NBA.

Oh ok well than hands down to Johnson but if you were in Grahams shoes would you leave your family to go across the country to sit on the bench. I guess yeah for a education but you can get that anywhere.

15517[/snapback]

I believe he was in Criminal Justice, which is one of UA's most highly ranked programs. I understand he was not a very hard worker at practice. He was getting 10 minutes a game. You have to earn your minutes. It was his choice. He chose to leave.