UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Chamber of Commerce Magazine

Just received my November Chamber of Commerce Magazine, with Coaches Brown and McCaffrey on the cover. The feature article is entitled "Tech Valley's Best Battle, Siena/UAlbany basketball rivalry heats up"

Coach Brown had the usual quotes: "The game is more about bragging rights for alumni and fan than anything else" and "The rivalry is great for the local economy because the alumni flying in for the game stay at local hotels, eat at local restaurants, and shop at local businesses"

It's true. A solid athletics program can be great for the local economy. Just ask the chamber of commerce for Athens GA, Auburn AL, Boise ID or even the small town outside New York's own West Point. It's a huge economic driver. Even in large cities hotels can be booked solid for a game weekend.

Case in point, this alumnus went out of his way to come up to Albany this weekend to get some UAlbany tees. I didn't sleep in the rental car either.

The city of Albany should recognize and foster this potential huge revenue stream. Just a thought...

It's true.  A solid athletics program can be great for the local economy.  Just ask the chamber of commerce for Athens GA, Auburn AL, Boise ID or even the small town outside New York's own West Point.  It's a huge economic driver.  Even in large cities hotels can be booked solid for a game weekend.

Case in point, this alumnus went out of his way to come up to Albany this weekend to get some UAlbany tees.  I didn't sleep in the rental car either.

The city of Albany should recognize and foster this potential huge revenue stream.  Just a thought...

17483[/snapback]

Hey I have an idea for the city of Albany....help UA build a football stadium.

Archived