UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Post-Brown Game Thread

An article about yesterday's game appeared in the Times Union today:

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp...date=12/10/2006

The article states that Brown (the coach) no longer wants to play Brown (the college) because of the way it plays the game. I kept looking for the usual this-is-a-joke continuation usually made by Brown (the coach), but it didn't appear.

That sentiment was exactly my feeling, however, because the game seemed to be more a hack'n'sack ploy by our opponent. Brown got almost 30% of its points from the foul line (They shot 15 for 19), but its overly aggressive play did not convert into free throw opportunities by the Danes who shot only only 5 times, despite the constant mugging by the Brown players.

I know Brown used the system to its advantage, but to me it defeats the real purpose of the game. Thank goodness, Brown shot poorly from the field. I'm glad we won our game, but I'll bet Providence will be reluctant to schedule Brown again as well.

An article about yesterday's game appeared in the Times Union today:

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp...date=12/10/2006

The article states that Brown (the coach) no longer wants to play Brown (the college) because of the way it plays the game. I kept looking for the usual this-is-a-joke continuation usually made by Brown (the coach), but it didn't appear.

That sentiment was exactly my feeling, however, because the game seemed to be more a hack'n'sack ploy by our opponent. Brown got almost 30% of its points from the foul line (They shot 15 for 19), but its overly aggressive play did not convert into free throw opportunities by the Danes who shot only only 5 times, despite the constant mugging by the Brown players.

I know Brown used the system to its advantage, but to me it defeats the real purpose of the game. Thank goodness, Brown shot poorly from the field. I'm glad we won our game, but I'll bet Providence will be reluctant to schedule Brown again as well.

18405[/snapback]

I thought that the Brown team was much more 'active' while the VCU team was much more physical.

It seemed UAlbany was shooting free throws the entire VCU game, and VCU ended the game with 17 fouls.

It seemed the Brown game was a series of presses, traps, and turn-overs (and media time-outs) and that fouls were not such a part of the game plan; Brown ended with 13 fouls.

I am of the belief that if the VCU game was closer that the play would have become even more physical, and the foul totals would have increased.

....Or maybe I was just in a more 'foul' mood while watching the VCU game.

I Like DEFENSE!! I liked the Brown defense. Well executed and a great example of a half court trapping defense. I didn't like our approach to the D. Dribble over half court and stop and you are dead meat. We should have been better prepared to beat the half court trap because we knew Brown was going to use it. On another note---soft passes are for practice--when it is game time, snap those passes!!

Archived