UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

We're Ready for AE Tourny

Tomorrow night's BUNY-UNH game should determine the play-in game participant. The winner likely gets us as the 7 seed if I've figured it out correctly. I don't think UNH is as bad a match-up for us as they were last year although I'm sure Herrion will throwing everything in the book at UA against us in that game. If we get Bing in the first round so be it, if they're on the bus on their way home Friday night after the play-in game I can live with that too :D

I agree with DP that UNH is less problematic this year, though I'll be cheering for UNH tonight because that locks Binghamton and Stonybrook into the 8 and 9 spots, thereby putting both instate rivals on the other side of the bracket as compared to UAlbany. A UNH win tonight against Binghamton also sets up a potential match between Binghamton and Vermont (assuming Binghamton beats Stonybrook). I watched the BUNY vs. VMT game on MSG the other day, and Binghamton plays VMT tough. They did down at the Events Center in Binghamton as well.

Moreover, with a UNH win tonight, you have four teams with 6-8 records: UMBC, UNH, Maine, and Hartford. I would only add, IMHO, that I think our first-round opponent (#7 seed) will be determined by the UMBC vs. UNH (at UNH) game on Sunday, February 25. I think the loser of that will mostly likely be the #7 seed, but then again, I'm assuming a UNH win tonight. I think we'll know more after the BUNY vs. UNH game ... . Even with a UNH loss tonight, I still think that UMBC vs. UNH game in New Hampshire next Sunday could determine our first-round opponent at the Tournament.

I would love to see UNH win their last two games, putting Binghamton in the 8 or 9 hole, along with UMBC in the 7 spot. Nothing against UMBC, but we were up 32 on them in the first half, so I like our matchup against them more than anyone else in the league.

With New Hampshire's last two games at home, I'm cheering for two UNH home wins!!

Archived