UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

We're Ready for AE Tourny

I didn't feel so great about things after the Vermont loss, but after watching them tonight, I am confident we're ready for the America East Tournament.

It seemed like every one really stepped up the whole night.

Even though Boise plays in a better conference, the two teams looked very compatible and Albany all but won the game. Most importantly, the team is finally healthy which is key going into the tourny. If they can replicate the way the played against Boise, I don't think there's anyone who can beat this team in the AE.

Don't wanna' look past the rest of the schedule, but I'm once again very optimistic about our chances in March.

I didn't feel so great about things after the Vermont loss, but after watching them tonight, I am confident we're ready for the America East Tournament.

Even though Boise plays in a better conference, the two teams looked very compatible and Albany all but won the game. Most importantly, the team is finally healthy which is key going into the tourny. If they can replicate the way the played against Boise, I don't think there's anyone who can beat this team in the AE.

Don't wanna' look past the rest of the schedule, but I'm once again very optimistic about our chances in March.

I was very encouraged by the way we came out. This team could have easily packed it in, bad trip and tough loss. But they didn't pity themselves came out and gave Boise all they could handle. The only other way this could have been better was to get a win, I was very encouraged. I think we will be very very tough out in the AE tourney, our guys should have their swagger and confidence back that they can play and beat anyone in the AE. Bing on who ever!

This year's tournament is going to be excellent. The conference as a whole is improved, and UAlbany will use its senior leadership in Siggers and Jamar to produce spectacular results. I fully believe that UAlbany will be in the championship game. It is just a question of where it is going to be played.

This year's tournament is going to be excellent. The conference as a whole is improved, and UAlbany will use its senior leadership in Siggers and Jamar to produce spectacular results. I fully believe that UAlbany will be in the championship game. It is just a question of where it is going to be played.

At this point, it's safe to say it will be played in Vermont.

Do we have a chance there? Yes. Am I feeling confident? Not really.

I mean, we have a good team, but their front line is huge. It's gonna be a real challenge for the coaching staff the next 3-4 weeks to prepare for the inside game of Vermont, if we get there.

I mean, we have a good team, but their front line is huge. It's gonna be a real challenge for the coaching staff the next 3-4 weeks to prepare for the inside game of Vermont, if we get there.

We still need to lock up the #2 spot, if we tanked the last two games, would we have to play them in Boston if we were to be a number #3?

We still need to lock up the #2 spot, if we tanked the last two games, would we have to play them in Boston if we were to be a number #3?

If we can't beat Stony Brook and Boston, then we don't deserve to represent the conference in the NCAA tournament.

At this point, it's safe to say it [the championship game] will be played in Vermont.

Since 2002, when Albany joined AE, the #1 seed has made (and so hosted) the championship game 3 of the 5 years ('03 BU, '05 UVM, '06 UA). In '02, #1 UVM lost in the semifinals, so #2 BU hosted (and won) the final. In '04, #1 BU lost to the #8 seed in the quarterfinals, so #2 UVM hosted (and won) the final.

UVM being the #1 seed is certainly no guarantee that they win in Boston, so the possibility that UA hosts the championship game is still a possibility.

Complete AE Championship results here.

Regardless of who we play in Boston--let's play well and hope someone steps up and bites Vermont

Bing vermont.

i wanna play them

i wanna beat them

ya'll actin like pussies yo LETS PLAY VERMONT AND LETS BEAT THEM

yeah--we want Vermont---but it would be nice to have someone knock them off--so we can have the game at our place

Regardless of who we play in Boston--let's play well and hope someone steps up and bites Vermont

Bing vermont.

i wanna play them

i wanna beat them

ya'll actin like pussies yo LETS PLAY VERMONT AND LETS BEAT THEM

yeah--we want Vermont---but it would be nice to have someone knock them off--so we can have the game at our place

It just won't justify our tourney victory if we dont get revenge on Vermont!!!...It's like yanks-red sox..if the yankees win the world series, and didnt have to play the red sox to get there, it just isn't worth it!!! jhahahahah

I think we have the #2 seed virtually locked up. As a previous post eluded to, our records against UNH and Maine get us the tie break over B.U. if we were to lose our last two and Boston University wins its last few games (including the one over us). Having said this, we can look forward to playing Boston University on Sunday out there, assuming both UAlbany and Boston Univ. win their first-round games.

On another thread yesterday, I posted what I expect and predict (roughly) to be the seedings. At 4-10, I just hope Binghamton does claw itself out of the 8th spot and into the 7th spot, leaving us with them as a first-round opponent on Saturday. My seeding predictions below represent what I think would be most ideal for us at this point in the standings:

1 Vermont

8 Binghamton (beats 9 Stonybrook Friday night)

4 Hartford/Maine

5 Maine/Hartford

3 Boston University

6 UNH/UMBC

2 UAlbany

7 UMBC/UNH

Tomorrow night's BUNY-UNH game should determine the play-in game participant. The winner likely gets us as the 7 seed if I've figured it out correctly. I don't think UNH is as bad a match-up for us as they were last year although I'm sure Herrion will throwing everything in the book at UA against us in that game. If we get Bing in the first round so be it, if they're on the bus on their way home Friday night after the play-in game I can live with that too :D

Archived