UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Site Suggestion

One thing I have seen on some of the Rivals sites and in other places is that the site moderators pin up a thread re: newspaper links and other online coverage on a daily basis. I know that sometimes people will post a link to a TU article if no one else has for that day (I just did that for today, Sunday the 18th).

But if there were a pinned thread just for these posts (no commentary), that would give people a great way to see what is being said about the Great Danes on a daily basis. I know that the front page does have links to the newspaper websites, however I personally forget about them daily. Then, each of our posters could see this thread, and if they know of another article somewhere else for that day, could post the link in that pinned thread.

Also, by doing something like that daily and then it disappearing (with the next day's media thread), it wouldn't clutter up the main hoops board (where old posts go to die when people are done with them).

Just a thought.

That's a nice idea. Actually I started doing it and realized that the threads start with the oldest posts first-which makes sense when you're reading what people have written. When you're going through newspaper stories though you'd like the newest ones to be on top. The other problem with keeping newspaper links around is they change them pretty often and you might have several links that don't take you anywhere. I was thinking of having another category for media but it seems like a pain to have people clicking around to find them. Alot of time people respond to what is in the stories (see the Troy Record stories from this weekend) and it's better to have them in the rest of post where people are arguing about other stuff.

Thanks,

DP

What I was suggesting would be almost a daily thing - i.e. you'd have a Pinned Topic called "Media Links - Thursday, January 22". So then that drives people to the site on a daily basis. That way, if you changed it daily (assuming you were able to do this, time-wise), then you won't have old links sitting around as you pointed out.

But then you also won't have a million different topics, where one person posts about a TU article, there is commentary about it, then someone else starts a new topic about a different article, or about the same article but with a different viewpoint, etc.

This also assumes, I guess, that you can delete a whole thread when you're done with it.