UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Siena Hoops

I have watched a few MAAC games on television the last couple of weeks, a couple of thoughts.

1. Siena has by far the best facilities - I'm surprised they don't te in recruiting by just selling the Pepsi to recruits. The other facilities are very unimpressive.

2. The quality of play does not seem that different than the AE - overall. Teams like Manhattan are definitely better, but overall it didn't seem that different.

That is Siena’s greatest asset in recruiting its facilities. (Plus its ability to tell a kid good chance of going to post season at Siena) And its not only the MAAC very few mid majors period can match Siena’s facilities. And I’m not just talking about the Pepsi, I’m talking about the ARC , Siena’s practice facility is better than most Mid majors playing facility, add in the new team locker rooms and video room( in the MAC) and its easy to see why Siena seldom loses a recruit to another Mid major. As far as getting the big recruit, Recruits tend to sign at the highest level they are capable of playing. So occasionally Siena will lose out to say a LaSalle (for a Tabby Cunningham) not because of facility but because LaSalle plays in a major conference the A10 vs. the MAAC

As for the difference between the AE and the MAAC I would say this, very little difference actually, Stars in the AE would be stars in the MAAC, I would say the MAAC is a little deeper and that the MAAC has more good players than the AE.

Vermont and Boston U. are more than capable of winning an NCAA Tournament game just like Manhattan or Niagara. The MAAC has the edge right now, but when Binghamton, Stony Brook and UAlbany start ranking in the top-five of the AE on a consistent basis, watch out. The AE will become as good or better than the MAAC top-to-bottom.

SienaTony and AlbanyObserver

As for the difference between the AE and the MAAC I would say this, very little difference actually, Stars in the AE would be starts in the MAAC, I would say the MAAC is a little deeper and that the MAAC has more good players than the AE. -SienaTony

SienaTony - you are right on target.

The MAAC has the edge right now, but when Binghamton, Stony Brook and UAlbany start ranking in the top-five of the AE on a consistent basis, watch out. The AE will become as good or better than the MAAC top-to-bottom. - AlbanyObserver

AlbanyObserver - I'm with you and I know the Danes are going in the right direction. With next years roster we should be very competitive with most teams on our schedule!

Edited by Patch