UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brown Blog for Today

Direct from Coach's website:

"The month of June has been a hectic one. We moved in to a new house two weeks ago and it has been a process getting situated. I have been busy speaking at various functions in the area. In the past two weeks I have spoken at the St. Gregory’s School Athletic Banquet, the New Lebanon High School Athletic Banquet, and was on a guest panel with Tom Geisel of Key Bank and Jan Smith of GE at the Tech Valley Leadership Retreat in Rennselaerville. These functions are great and I really enjoy doing them. However, they can be very time consuming.

"Our returning players have been doing a great job in the weight room. We implemented a challenging new program and the players have really embraced the program. It will be interesting to see how smooth of a transition it will be for our new players who will arrive this weekend. It will be a new experience for them. We feel that this new program and a continued emphasis on strength training will help us win games!

"The July recruiting period is right around the corner. This is a very important time for our program. Most of the staff will be on the road for more than 20 days during the month of July. We will be going from coast to coast to try and find student-athletes that will be successful in the classroom and on the court at UAlbany. Our priority for the 2008 class is replacing Brent Wilson. We need a power forward that can stretch the defense with his perimeter shooting. Brent has been a valuable weapon for us the past three seasons. Having two commitments in place will allow us to really focus on bringing in a talented 4 man.

"I am excited about our schedule for the upcoming year. No nights off for the Great Danes. We will need to be focused every time we step on the court. This schedule will prepare us for the grind of conference play. The opportunity to play Duke on ESPN2 is exciting for our program and the university. It will also be nice to get Brent Wilson and Brian Lillis back to Iowa for a game."

Coach emphasizes the new weight room program which he feels will be very effective.

The staff will also focus on the drive to replace Brent Wilson during recruiting efforts beginning in a couple weeks.

Brown likes our schedule for next season and points particularly to Duke and Iowa State.

Archived