UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Gary Holway

From the Oneonta Daily Star:

"Two local men helped the New York Owls earn an age-group title during the National Senior Games 3-on-3 basketball championships, which ran June 27-30 in Louisville, Ky.

Competing in the 75-79 age-group, the Owls capped an 8-0 tournament with a 29-23 win over the Ohio Grayhounds in the final. The Grayhounds have lost twice in their last 36 tournament games.

The Owls feature Oneonta resident Garth Stam and Gary Holway of Mount Vision."

Great to see that he's still playing and winning. Only 50 more years until Jamar is eligible to join the Owls.

Anyone who saw Gary at the game celebrating Jamar's breaking the career scoring record will have noticed that he is in great shape. I'm not surprised. I first knew him back in the mid-60s when we both worked at the Whiteface Mountain Research Station. He was and still is the most intense competitor I ever met, whether it was playing pick-up basketball games or card games. He even competed against himself; left hand against right hand shooting baskets, tossing paper into a waste basket, shooting pool, etc. A colleague once told me that Gary would walk around muttering to himself when his left had lost a pool match against his right hand. Hhe was a great person to work with. Those days in the Adirondacks were the most fun of my life.

Archived