UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

AE Shootournd on ESPN

Nothing regarding Albany other then the little blurb not to mention being wrong on Raffa. I take the great read things back, a mediocre writeup at best. Although I don't mind having no pressure on us this season. Let UVM and UMBC be the favorites and wear the bullseye on their back.

UA_MA,

They will be a strong team, top tier in the AE. Not saying they will win but they won't be a slouch. My pick is Boston, you can never count Wolff out especially a team of his with some talent.

My $.02:

My pick would probably be to slot UMBC in at 4th or so. Top tier basically means top 3 out of the 9 teams, and I just don't see UMBC passing each of the four following teams (they may pass one of them to land a 4th place, but 1st or 2d, I just can't see yet): Boston University, UVM, UAlbany, and/or Binghamton.

I think the bottom 4 will be, in no certain order, UNH, Maine, SB, and Hartford.

For the middle and second tier, I guess I'll put SB or Hartford in 6th place. The other two teams to fill out the 2d tier (each of the 3 tiers being made up of 3 teams for a total of 9 teams in the AE), for me, would be UMBC (4th) and Binghamton (5th).

It's a tough call, and I really have no idea where we will be. I could realistically see UAlbany fall into the second tier, but I just don't know. For us to be in the second tier (places 4-6), that would mean that UVM, Boston University, and then either Bingo or UMBC would all have to pass us. I am not sure I see that either.

I guess here's my tentative tiered picks:

Tier 1: Boston University, UVM, UAlbany

Tier 2: Binghamton, UMBC, Hartford

Tier 3: Stonybrook, UNH, Maine

UA_MA,

They will be a strong team, top tier in the AE. Not saying they will win but they won't be a slouch. My pick is Boston, you can never count Wolff out especially a team of his with some talent.

My $.02:

My pick would probably be to slot UMBC in at 4th or so. Top tier basically means top 3 out of the 9 teams, and I just don't see UMBC passing each of the four following teams (they may pass one of them to land a 4th place, but 1st or 2d, I just can't see yet): Boston University, UVM, UAlbany, and/or Binghamton.

I think the bottom 4 will be, in no certain order, UNH, Maine, SB, and Hartford.

For the middle and second tier, I guess I'll put SB or Hartford in 6th place. The other two teams to fill out the 2d tier (each of the 3 tiers being made up of 3 teams for a total of 9 teams in the AE), for me, would be UMBC (4th) and Binghamton (5th).

It's a tough call, and I really have no idea where we will be. I could realistically see UAlbany fall into the second tier, but I just don't know. For us to be in the second tier (places 4-6), that would mean that UVM, Boston University, and then either Bingo or UMBC would all have to pass us. I am not sure I see that either.

I guess here's my tentative tiered picks:

Tier 1: Boston University, UVM, UAlbany

Tier 2: Binghamton, UMBC, Hartford

Tier 3: Stonybrook, UNH, Maine

UA_MA

Fair enough! If UMBC gets production from their incoming transfers they could be tough. I guess I was breaking the tiers down into top of the league and bottom of the league. I certainly can't fault you for your early/tentative predictions. I hope you are right actually.

I think predicting where teams will fall in the league is getting tougher and tougher every year because of increasing parity in the league. I would be thrilled if we finished in the top tier, but your guess is as good as mine. To be honest, I feel relatively confident about picking the bottom four (Maine, UNH, Hartford, SB), but beyond that, I really have no firm opinion as to who will go 1-5.

Archived