UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Danes' Season Kickoff

I expect more from Giff down low, I keep coming back to his time on the floor against the Saints where he showed me that he can be a beast down there. I hope he's gotten stronger and had a good summer. I think him giving us some solid production and good post defense will free up Brent to operate away from the hoop.

Also can't wait to see Connelly, he is my candidate to have a break out season. Last year he added a little bit of a mid range jumper and I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to have him give us 9 or 10 points and 4 or 5 rebounds of the bench. Plus some very scrappy defense down low.

I think Lillis will start the season running the point and will move to the wing once Martin or Moores emerges. In the meantime I think I favor Anderson to start on the wing, only because I have no idea what to expect out of the new guys, perhaps Jerel gets a run there but Reid has been in the system and got excellent playing time early last year. I really think Coach Brown thinks highly of him and if he had a good summer no reason to not give him a run there.

At the two I think Ambrose will start and Iati will come of the bench to hit bombs. As much as Iati has done for us and I appreciate his many contributions to the team, fighting through serious injuries and surgery's I just can't see him getting the start unless we truly have no one to start at the 3 or the 1 and Lillis and him have to start. If our low post game can emerge a bit this season, he will be an important part of the team with his outside shooting. When John catches fire he can go nuts, I remember last year when he would rise for the shot and everyone just waited with abated breath. I can't say anyone else shooting got the same reaction from the crowd. He did seem a bit inconsistent with his shot especially early on, probably due to his toe but I'm hoping he is a bit more consistent this season even though he is coming of back surgery.

This team will not be lacking in leadership. How many times have we seen Lillis and Brent lead by example, diving all over the place, taking charges etc. John will lead the second unit with his gritty play, not to mention Connelly. Yes, we lost allot with the departure of Jamar and Jason but I think we have the guys to step up and fill the leadership void.

Starting practice early will also be huge, the team can forge an identity and integrate some of the new guys early. We couldn't have picked a better year to go on this type of trip and get the early practice time. Gotta give Coach Brown credit for that.

Man, can't wait for this season to get going. I'm like a crack addict looking for a fix.

I expect more from Giff down low, I keep coming back to his time on the floor against the Saints where he showed me that he can be a beast down there. I hope he's gotten stronger and had a good summer. I think him giving us some solid production and good post defense will free up Brent to operate away from the hoop.

Also can't wait to see Connelly, he is my candidate to have a break out season. Last year he added a little bit of a mid range jumper and I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to have him give us 9 or 10 points and 4 or 5 rebounds of the bench. Plus some very scrappy defense down low.

I think Lillis will start the season running the point and will move to the wing once Martin or Moores emerges. In the meantime I think I favor Anderson to start on the wing, only because I have no idea what to expect out of the new guys, perhaps Jerel gets a run there but Reid has been in the system and got excellent playing time early last year. I really think Coach Brown thinks highly of him and if he had a good summer no reason to not give him a run there.

At the two I think Ambrose will start and Iati will come of the bench to hit bombs. As much as Iati has done for us and I appreciate his many contributions to the team, fighting through serious injuries and surgery's I just can't see him getting the start unless we truly have no one to start at the 3 or the 1 and Lillis and him have to start. If our low post game can emerge a bit this season, he will be an important part of the team with his outside shooting. When John catches fire he can go nuts, I remember last year when he would rise for the shot and everyone just waited with abated breath. I can't say anyone else shooting got the same reaction from the crowd. He did seem a bit inconsistent with his shot especially early on, probably due to his toe but I'm hoping he is a bit more consistent this season even though he is coming of back surgery.

This team will not be lacking in leadership. How many times have we seen Lillis and Brent lead by example, diving all over the place, taking charges etc. John will lead the second unit with his gritty play, not to mention Connelly. Yes, we lost allot with the departure of Jamar and Jason but I think we have the guys to step up and fill the leadership void.

Starting practice early will also be huge, the team can forge an identity and integrate some of the new guys early. We couldn't have picked a better year to go on this type of trip and get the early practice time. Gotta give Coach Brown credit for that.

Man, can't wait for this season to get going. I'm like a crack addict looking for a fix.

Archived