UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

A.T.

Some of you have seen practices and intersquad competition. What has Albert Turley looked like? Last year I was in Texas a couple of times and I was impressed with what I read.

I like his size, and hope that the large offensive combinations with him, Gifford, Brent, and others provide us something we haven't seen too much in the Jamar era. I am however, concerned about his ability at this level, to move that much weight up and down the court fast enough to contribute over long stretches of the game. Has anyone seen him play and have any feel for that?

Some of you have seen practices and intersquad competition. What has Albert Turley looked like? Last year I was in Texas a couple of times and I was impressed with what I read.

I like his size, and hope that the large offensive combinations with him, Gifford, Brent, and others provide us something we haven't seen too much in the Jamar era. I am however, concerned about his ability at this level, to move that much weight up and down the court fast enough to contribute over long stretches of the game. Has anyone seen him play and have any feel for that?

Many of us attended the scrimmage. I was impressed with his ability to create space down low. He appears to have very quick feet, moved extremely well for a guy his size. Showed the ability to bang down low with the other bigs. Certainly didn't look like he was out of place when considering his age in relation to his size. Many young guys that big have a tough time and need to "grow into" their body. This kid looked comfortable out there and if I'm not mistaken ran the court fairly well. When gets into the offensive zone he goes immediately down on the block as that is where his size is most effective. With the work our training staff put in with Giff to get him not only stronger but leaner I don't think size will be a huge concern. Yes, this kid needs to watch his size etc. but if they could get him stronger muscle wise and have him shed a few he could very mobile for a big man.

I like what I see from this kid. He is a freshmen though and it usually takes big men longer to come around then the guards. I didn't see him display much of an offensive game but mobility isn't a huge concern at this point. Again, I've only observed him during the scrimmage so not a large sample size to have a definitive opinion of him.

Archived