UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

School of Business Alumni magazine

statefan

I received the School of Business Alumni magazine (Fall 2007) today. The cover story is "Scholar Athletes Excel in School of Business" , subtitled "Learn how these students juggle academics and athletics". The series profiles the academic achievements of the following Scholar Athletes: Sherri Mikus, Brian Lillis, Kaylin Connolly (soccer), Daniel Bocanegra, Blair Buchanan, Kristin Higy, Mike Ammann and Steve Ammann. I realize this may sound corny, but anyone reading this cannot come away with anything other than a great sense of pride in having these high achieving students representing our alma mater athletically.

I received the School of Business Alumni magazine (Fall 2007) today. The cover story is "Scholar Athletes Excel in School of Business" , subtitled "Learn how these students juggle academics and athletics". The series profiles the academic achievements of the following Scholar Athletes: Sherri Mikus, Brian Lillis, Kaylin Connolly (soccer), Daniel Bocanegra, Blair Buchanan, Kristin Higy, Mike Ammann and Steve Ammann. I realize this may sound corny, but anyone reading this cannot come away with anything other than a great sense of pride in having these high achieving students representing our alma mater athletically.

Yes----at times we forget that our athletes are students . Some of them very high achieving ones at that.

It is a great accomplishment to play college ahtletics and achieve academic success. Lets also not forget that as we continue to grow athletically, our student-athletes will be required to commit more and more time outside of the classroom. This article is evidence that it not affecting their abilities to compete in the classroom as well.

The time management skills you gain from the experience is worth every night spend awake studying.

Archived