UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Comparable stadium project

danefan

Sorry about the subtitle....not really sure what happened there.

Southern Illinois announced its stadium/bball arena rebuilding project:

Budget for both the stadium and arena renovation is $83million.

The tentative date for the football stadium is 2010. The stands will hold 12,000 plus lawn seats on the opposing end of the horseshoe. The process includes tearing down a much larger stadium that was built many years ago.

Check out the full story, and pictures of the new stadium & renovated Arena, at

http://siusalukis.cstv.com/genrel/110807aab.html

From a SIU poster on AGS:

It's being done without state help. Bonds are being sold. An athletic fee increase is part of it. The city of Carbondale is has committed a million a year as part of a recent sales tax increase. Private donations are taking care of the balance.

What a great looking arena.....I'd love to some day see something similar here. Either through improvements to SEFCU or a new arena. I mean....look at our crappy scoreboard that looks like it's been around since the 50's. Nice football stadium also, looks like a very nice project.

Regarding the finances....I think we are only going to the state because it would be silly not to. Other schools Buffalo and Bingo received state aid so we are just trying to see what we can get from the state. The rest we'll do private funding, but it would be silly not to give public funding a stab.

Regarding the finances....I think we are only going to the state because it would be silly not to. Other schools Buffalo and Bingo received state aid so we are just trying to see what we can get from the state. The rest we'll do private funding, but it would be silly not to give public funding a stab.

I think you are 10000000% correct. Why not try. It might have hurt us a little to make it public (the funding) but its worth a try.

It will happen and it will most likely be financed by the NYS Dormitory Authority.

On a side note, I also wouldn't be surprised if the final location for the football stadium ends up somewhere other than in the Cue parking lot to allow for Cue expansion someday in the future. The original master plan was drawn up before it was clear that we could consistently fill the Cue.

Archived