UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

siena-syracuse

Watched Siena-Syracuse on ESPNU last night. No one is as UA-partisan as I am, but I have to admit Siena looked strong. We will be decided underdogs on Dec 1

Good to see Ubiles in the game, he looked good. The indefinite suspension for academic reasons didn't last long. A tribute to either the Siena's modest academic standards, or some superb tutoring.

As he was always eligible, per NCAA standards, I don't believe you can intelligently comment on the level of their standards or tutoring. Their coaching staff must have felt their message was conveyed satisfactorily.

You make an excellent observation A73.

The fact of the matter is, I'm long past the point where I can make an intelligent comment on anything.

If they play like they played against Syracuse then yes we'll be a SIZABLE dog. If they played like they played against JMU then we have a good chance. Their D so far has been spotty at best, rebounding is also a big concern. At the moment it's difficult to tell what type of team they will be consistently. No doubt they have allot of talent but they also have a number of questions that are yet to be answered. So far it's been hit or miss and for long stretches it's been miss, but it's still very very early.

As he was always eligible, per NCAA standards, I don't believe you can intelligently comment on the level of their standards or tutoring. Their coaching staff must have felt their message was conveyed satisfactorily.

You make an excellent observation A73.

The fact of the matter is, I'm long past the point where I can make an intelligent comment on anything.

LOL, no problem. i'm in pain and may have lashed out, myself.

The local media seems to be embracing the team, with Capital 9 running the caption "Saints are Good, but Could be Great".

I love the optimism, but at the end of the day the team is still 0-2 with a loss against a very low RPI team in JMU, and is averaging 98.5ppg against. Maybe I'm hopeful that the team will still not be running up and down the floor by the time it faces UA, or maybe people (the local media, specifically) should temper their enthusuasm a bit.

Archived