UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Siena Freshman Floundering

De LaRosa - Minutes per game: 10 Points per Game: 3.2 Rebounds PG .4

Jackson - Minutes per game: 0 Points per Game: 0 Rebounds PG 0

Priestly - Minutes per game: 2 Points per Game: .5 Rebounds PG .5

Rossiter - Minutes per game: 8 Points per Game: 0 Rebounds PG .6

Siena's new faces are contributing virtually nothing. We have already seen what they have from last year...

UAlbany's Freshman Shining:

Ambrose - Minutes per game 14.3 Points per Game: 7.3 Rebounds PG 3.5

Martin - Minutes per game 21.2 Points per Game: 6.4 Rebounds PG 3.6

Hastings - Minutes per game 27 Points per Game: 6.2 Rebounds PG 4.2

Turley - Minutes per game 10 Points per Game: 2.4 Rebounds PG 2.0

http://uofalbany.blogspot.com/2007/11/ualb...l-freshman.html

De LaRosa - Minutes per game: 10 Points per Game: 3.2 Rebounds PG .4

Jackson - Minutes per game: 0 Points per Game: 0 Rebounds PG 0

Priestly - Minutes per game: 2 Points per Game: .5 Rebounds PG .5

Rossiter - Minutes per game: 8 Points per Game: 0 Rebounds PG .6

Siena's new faces are contributing virtually nothing. We have already seen what they have from last year...

UAlbany's Freshman Shining:

Ambrose - Minutes per game 14.3 Points per Game: 7.3 Rebounds PG 3.5

Martin - Minutes per game 21.2 Points per Game: 6.4 Rebounds PG 3.6

Hastings - Minutes per game 27 Points per Game: 6.2 Rebounds PG 4.2

Turley - Minutes per game 10 Points per Game: 2.4 Rebounds PG 2.0

http://uofalbany.blogspot.com/2007/11/ualb...l-freshman.html

Jackson will be a stud. He has been out with an ankle injury but could make his debut Saturday against the Danes. De la Rosa played very well in the Stanford game spelling Ronald Moore. Rossiter is going to be a solid player once he gets stronger. Priestly will be a contributor once he gets more familiar with D1 ball. Last year we had to throw our freshman into the fire, this year we don't. When you start talented players such as Moore, Kenny Hasbrouck, Edwin Ubiles and Alex Franklin and bring seasoned vets such as Josh Duell and Tay Fisher off the bench you are only relying on the freshman to be complimentary players.

Albany’s freshman certainly looked like solid players as well.

Jackson will be a stud. He has been out with an ankle injury but could make his debut Saturday against the Danes. De la Rosa played very well in the Stanford game spelling Ronald Moore. Rossiter is going to be a solid player once he gets stronger. Priestly will be a contributor once he gets more familiar with D1 ball. Last year we had to throw our freshman into the fire, this year we don't. When you start talented players such as Moore, Kenny Hasbrouck, Edwin Ubiles and Alex Franklin and bring seasoned vets such as Josh Duell and Tay Fisher off the bench you are only relying on the freshman to be complimentary players.

Jackson will be a stud....

Rossiter is going to be a solid player.....

Priestly will be a contributor once he gets more familiar....

There's alot of hopes, prayers, and predictions there.

For Siena's sake, they better do more complimenting than they have been doing.

Jackson will be a stud....

Rossiter is going to be a solid player.....

Priestly will be a contributor once he gets more familiar....

There's alot of hopes, prayers, and predictions there.

For Siena's sake, they better do more complimenting than they have been doing.

Want to compare sophomore classes? I didn't think so. How can you possibly compare freshman five games into a season?

Want to compare sophomore classes? I didn't think so. How can you possibly compare freshman five games into a season?

You ask a question and then immediately answer it yourself?

Bold move.

If you need to rely on your starters for almost all of your production, you may very well REMAIN in the basement of the MAAC.

Like I said, you may want to hope for ANY complimenting from your Newbies.

As much as their starters score combined with Fischer and Duell how the bench I don't know how many points there will be for the freshman. They'll probably make more on an impact as the season goes on. My only criticisim is for De La Rosa picking the "00" number. Robert Parrish or no if I were a coach I wouldn't give anyone that number.

Thanks for commenting on last years game:

At last year's UAlbany / siena game, I overheard a heated exchange between fans. What I took away from listening was the old 'slander' coming from a private school student against a public school student.... Generally stating that the UAlbany student could not afford a private school

What I immediately thought of was this...

Siena's tuition is probably around 30k per year. The only thing Siena is noted for, from what I've heard over my lifetime is the basketball team... for a long stint in the Division ranks. None of their academic programs are recognized as nationally competitive.

Albany's tuition is around 4k. Albany has a handful of academic programs ranked in the top 10 in the nation. Albany also has its Nanoscale Science and Engineering College, which is ranked #1 in the world. Albany has built far superior athletic programs in a very short period of time, including Football. Siena cut out its division 5 program years back.

My thinking on the matter concluded with this:

For those few who attend Siena on a scholarship, they are fortunate not to be wasting any money.

For those students who take out massive student loans for a college such as Siena, it's a shame for them to accumulate all of that debt for a mediocre education.

For those students who's parents pay for their tuition: it appears they weren't able to get into a high quality private college. They are dishing out $120k for nothing.

120k - 16k = 104k

$104k more in tuition, for far far less of an education.

At least they have a respectable basketball program.

Offering a full scholarship to a private college does offer an illusion to some players... but in circumstances such as Siena, players are soon are confronted with reality of campus life.

You ask a question and then immediately answer it yourself?

Bold move.

If you need to rely on your starters for almost all of your production, you may very well REMAIN in the basement of the MAAC.

Like I said, you may want to hope for ANY complimenting from your Newbies.

You are totally clueless.

How about Albany's freshman last year...Mike Yocum..not with the team. Reid Anderson 0.8 PPG..The great recruit Brent Gifford 1.5 PPG, 1.7 RPG

I could go on. You make it too easy dude... Look forward to Siena beating UAlbany - again on Saturday. :-)

You are totally clueless.

How about Albany's freshman last year...Mike Yocum..not with the team. Reid Anderson 0.8 PPG..The great recruit Brent Gifford 1.5 PPG, 1.7 RPG

I could go on. You make it too easy dude... Look forward to Siena beating UAlbany - again on Saturday. :-)

Hey Dude, the thread is about Siena Freshman Floundering.

The non complimentary contribution they are making.

Did you get a chance to read this:

At last year's UAlbany / siena game, I overheard a heated exchange between fans. What I took away from listening was the old 'slander' coming from a private school student against a public school student.... Generally stating that the UAlbany student could not afford a private school

What I immediately thought of was this...

Siena's tuition is probably around 30k per year. The only thing Siena is noted for, from what I've heard over my lifetime is the basketball team... for a long stint in the Division ranks. None of their academic programs are recognized as nationally competitive.

Albany's tuition is around 4k. Albany has a handful of academic programs ranked in the top 10 in the nation. Albany also has its Nanoscale Science and Engineering College, which is ranked #1 in the world. Albany has built far superior athletic programs in a very short period of time, including Football. UAlbany will have a 15000 seat stadium in a few years. UAlbany is upgrading all of its facilities. UAlbany is hosting NCAA tournament rounds.

Oh, Siena cut out its division 5 program years back.

My thinking on the matter concluded with this:

For those few who attend Siena on a scholarship, they are fortunate not to be wasting any money.

For those students who take out massive student loans for a college such as Siena, it's a shame for them to accumulate all of that debt for a mediocre education.

For those students who's parents pay for their tuition: it appears they weren't able to get into a high quality private college. They are dishing out $120k for nothing.

120k - 16k = 104k

$104k more in tuition, for far far less of an education.

At least they have a respectable basketball program.

Offering a full scholarship to a private college does offer an illusion to some players... but in circumstances such as Siena, players are soon are confronted with reality of campus life.

Archived