UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UMBC

Couldn't find a preview of this game online. If I remember correctly the last time we played UMBC their free throw defense was great and we shot about 50% from the line. Had we shot our normal percentage we probably would have won that game although this has been a season of "ifs." This team has been competing hard through a tough stretch of schedule (5 road games of the last 7, home game against Vermont) and it's time to grab a win in one of these games.

Martin has gone scoreless his last five games and Knotts has been practically scoreless during that same time. Those guys need to give us a lift if we are going to win tonight. I realize Martin has his defensive problems but he's a good shooter and this is a team starving for another scorer or two to chip in. I'd like to see Martin and Knotts subbed in tandem into games much as Q and Wyatt were earlier in the season. If you can get them playing well together they could give us a spark off the bench. Maybe take them aside in practice and work on a two-man game together. Anything would be better than what their giving us now.

Dane Pound

With all due respect, if you don't think the coaches have tried everything to get Knotts ready to play, you have missed a lot of what has been going on for over 1 1/2 seasons. I hate to be cruel but from my vantage point, Knotts has to show that he wants to be good. If it comes easy Knotts is there with his hand out if it takes work Knotts will pass on it.

As for Marting he is struggling and the coaches want him to be successful because he has talent. He hasn't helped himself and hasn't really caught many breaks.

To think that the staff is going to give up defense for a little offense is ridiculous. Defense has kept us in games. When Martin understands the complexities of DI defense he'll get the opportunity to play some offense.

That's atleast the way I see it.

If this team has proven anything it is that they can "D" teams up. That is what has kept them in most games and something that it appears they have bought in to as a team. They may shoot the ball poorly and are prone to turn the ball over, but night in and night out the one constant has been their defense. I would be suprised to see the coaching staff sacrifice that, which is what they would be doing, by inserting Todd Martin for his offense, which in my humble opinion is no more than adequate.

I'm with you both on the defensive end of things. I credit the starting 5 and the coaching staff with this team battling the way they have. I guess what I'm really thinking of is that brief period of conference play this season when Knotts came off the bench and was productive with his scoring and rebounding. Really frustrating to watch the last few games where we are getting 2 or 3 points and maybe 2 rebounds off the bench.

Dane Pound

I'm with you - Knotts drives me nuts!!!!

If you look up the word enigma - you'll see a picture of Knotts.

I've been waiting for him to break out since about the 4th game of his freshman year. All he does is tease me and then go back into hibernation.