UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Doc Sauers

UA66

Great story in todays Times Union on Keith Mardin's efforts to get Doc Sauers elected to the Basketball Hall of Fame. Having known Doc since 1962, I feel that the Hall of Fame was intended to honor people like Doc. He is the epitome of what type of person belongs in a Hall of Fame, basketball or otherwise.

It was great to read all the tesimonials from former student/athletes, fellow coaches, referees, and others who have nothing but the highest regard for Doc.

I especially liked the quotation from a former assistant coach who said Doc put in more work than he did. It's hard to believe that someone much older has superior energy. I remember reading once that Doc set up his team for practice and then got into his car to drive to Fredonia to scout the team before an upcoming game. That type of distance in the winter boggles my mind. I guess some of you Dane fans also put many miles on to travel for a game.

I also very much enjoyed the comments about Doc's integrity. A lot of people in high positions could take lessons from this man.

Archived