UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tickets for Sunday.

Well, I finally made it up for a game last week against UMBC and I had a great time. It was my 1st home game of the season but my 4th game overall this season. I'm coming up for the game this Sunday with 3 friends. We are actually coming up Saturday night and going to hit some of the old bars and stuff that we used to go to.

My question is this. What is the best way for me to get tickets that ARE NOT behind the opposing team's bench? I bought the tickets at the box office before the UMBC game last Wednesday and sat behind the UMBC bench the first half. I then moved to top of the section behind the Albany bench and was much happier. Should I just do the same thing or is there something different I can do?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Three options:

1 - Buy any ticket and sit in student section like I and others often do; for all practical purposes it is general admission (even AE final). It is also better for shouting and chanting.

2 - Buy any ticket and sit anywhere in general admission (not chairbacks) as you did before. People don't usually care about where assigned seats are in GA, particularly if the game is not close to selling out, which is the scenario I expect here. When Little S$ has been with us, we sit behind the Albany bench because student section is too steep and the rows don't have enough walking space for her to wander and play around as she likes to do (she's 3). Plus the language is never questionable in GA in my experience.

3 - Call ticket office and ask for tickets in a specific section. Safest option, though I've never tried it.

Really, unless it's an AE final type of scenario, the non-chairback seats are a free-for-all as far as I can tell. I've never been questioned by ushers about whether I'm sitting in the right section at a regular season game, even BPG. If someone asks you to move, you can always move to a higher row. I doubt this game is going to sell out.

Hope that helps,

S$

I called the ticket office and got tickets only a few rows behind the bench in section 650. Should be fun! Thanks for the advice.

Did you by chance happen to catch any indication of how many tickets are left for the game? Sounds like we're not close to a sellout or anything like that.

I called the ticket office and got tickets only a few rows behind the bench in section 650. Should be fun! Thanks for the advice.

Did you by chance happen to catch any indication of how many tickets are left for the game? Sounds like we're not close to a sellout or anything like that.

I didn't even think to ask but it seemed as if there were a lot of tickets.

Archived