UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coaches Blog

This past weekend was Graduation Weekend at Albany. My wife and I had the opportunity to go out to dinner with Brent, Brian, and members of their family. We had a group of 20 and had a very nice dinner at Lombardo’s Restaurant in Albany. After dinner we ventured to the Across the Street Pub for a few hours. We have all of our team meals at The Pub and the owner Mike Arduini is a big supporter of our program. Brian and Brent have been great representatives of our program on and off the court. It is difficult when kids graduate. Especially with Brent and Brian. Not only are you losing two great kids but you are also losing two great families. Terry and Joyce Lillis seemed to be at every game the past four years. Nadine and Ron Garrett made several trips as well. The two families often drove together from Iowa to Albany to support Brent and Brian. We are losing six great people. However, I know that we have not seen the last of them!

I was at graduation Sunday morning. It was nice to see Brent and Brian in the cap and gown. Brian has already accepted a great job as a financial analyst in Chicago. He turned down several opportunities to play overseas. Brent is in the midst of the interview process. He should be all set in the next few weeks.

Our players will be arriving for summer school on Sunday and Monday. This will be a great opportunity for our new players. It gives them a chance to get acclimated to the University at Albany before the Fall Semester.

I received a text message from Jimmie Covington last night. He was thrilled that the Chicago Bulls have the first pick in the upcoming NBA draft. He is banking on the Bulls selecting Chicago native Derrick Rose with the first pick. I text him back and said the Bulls would take Kansas State power forward Michael Beasley with the first pick. Jimmie thinks Rose is a done deal. I shot another text suggesting that maybe Rose could play QB for the Bears as well. Jimmie complains all the time about the Bears QB situation!

Congrats to Brian, and hopefully Brent takes care of business also.

For a die-hard Knick fan for the last 15 years....the last paragraph is difficult to read. The BULLLLLSSSSSS....of all teams to win the lottery it HAD to be the BLEEPING BULLS.....Jimmy is gonna have to be dropped a few spots in the likability ranking. If I'm not mistaken coach Brown is a Celtics fan.....DOUBLE PUKE! B)

Looks like there's a lot going on in the world of College Basketball when coach gives us a blog entry highlighted by a trip to a pub and a conversation about an NBA draft none of our players are involved in...I love May lol

A trip to the Pub is always worth blogging about, IMO....... :D

Archived