UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

On A Different Note

uofalbany

Although the main story here isn't ualbany athletics related, it's a nice story.

But, check out the High School Football Stadium. Holy $iena.

http://gmy.news.yahoo.com/v/10223306

That's a normal high school stadium in most parts of this country. I think it's more astounding what passes for a "stadium" in New England/New York. It explains why the last time I checked, there wasn't one kid from New England/New York in the last Rivals Top 100 high school football prospects.

Pats, Jets and Giants fans wouldn't have much to cheer for if they had to recruit solely within state. I hope that changes someday. A Northeast FBS conference would be a start.

Agreed, there are significant regional differences in HS stadiums and attendance. My sons school seats over 8k and they bring in temporary seats if needed to get closer to 10k.

The interesting thing is that in Georgia, the counties don't pay for most football related items. Some counties fund uniforms and nothing else... The booster clubs pay for the stadium, fancy scoreboards, turf, weight rooms...

Archived