UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Cool community program Dayton runs

http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/o...2308sparch.html

Most Tuesday nights of the season, the Flyers invite area youth league teams to join their practices at Welcome Stadium. That's how the Monroe sixth-grade team and the Black Eagles, a flag football team of 7- to 9-year-olds from the Kettering YMCA, found themselves side by side with the college guys Tuesday night, Oct. 21.

"Coach (Rick) Chamberlin gives them a pep talk and then they go on the field and warm up with the team," said Stacey Ferranti, a UD junior who's interning with the athletic department. "It's an opportunity for them to be a part of our family and have fun, too."

I think something like this would be great for the Athletic Departments effort to get the community involved. I know they do a lot of community initiatives, but this would really get the young kids to be interested in the UA Football team. I think it would be really great to get Albany public school kids involved.

I bet you it would be really successful if the Lax team did it. Lax is an exploding sport in upstae NY.

Might be a worthwhile idea to shoot over to Dr. M or Coach Marr and Coach Ford.

I sent the link to Dr. M. I think its a great program. Maybe they'll pick up on it.

Archived