UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany's Future

Again, I admit that I was wrong re: Duke/Maryland comparison for attendance. I was trying to make the point that many higher profile teams don't draw super crowds & if UAlbany can sowewhat fill the RACC consistently w/ higher profile games at Pepsi Arena (with increased attendance), it will be great situation all the way around. I would love to take in the great sports entertainment that would result. The UAlbany/Vermont game had a great college basketball atmosphere. Even the person I was with who's from Syracuse (as eats & breaths Orange) came away impressed. By the way, I attended quite a few Firebirds games & always paid for the tickets as guess I missed out on all the freebies given away.

Albany Fan, you are absolutely right about the Firebirds. As a Senior, I interned for Mr. Mazula and GM Joe Hennessey. I personally came up w/ varied pricing schedules for Mazula. Without getting into specifics, each game would have brought the team 100k in cash flow. Moreover, at that time the 'Birds had a season ticket base of well about 5k customers. Sure, some tix were given away, like all teams do, but the 'Birds were leading the league in attendance...paid attendance. THe reason Mazula moved was A) lack of corporate support B) a better fiscal deal from Conseco Fieldhouse and C) rising costs/lack of cash flow. The bottom line is that the NFL bought 51% of the league. At that point, the AFL became "bigtime." Glenn felt awful moving that team. It certainly had nothing to do with non-paying fans...period. Unlike the RATS (no local ties), Isles, Yanks (city screwed that one up), their was true love between the town and the birds. I remember we had 8 seats sold for a playoff game. We were a little worried that capacity (about 11k for 'Bird games due to the configuration) wouldn't be met. That was false, as the place sold out.

As a student I have to say this campus is ready and waiting for a winnner. I guartee you that if the basketball team won their would be a good crowds at the games. I hear it all the time "man wouldnt be awsome if we had a good basketball team". Students have a lot of things going on and if evey game was an event or every game mattered then kids would show.