UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Holiday Hoops Classic

Maybe one year Albany can play in the Holiday Hoops Classic at the Garden. I think that would be great for the Alumni in the area. They need a NYS tournament. Have St. Johns/Syracuse, Hofstra, Buffalo, Marist, Albany and Manhattan. Syracuse always draws at the Garden and I'm sure you would get a decent fan base from all these schools. Have a 3 day tournament.

Maybe one year Albany can play in the Holiday Hoops Classic at the Garden. I think that would be great for the Alumni in the area. They need a NYS tournament. Have St. Johns/Syracuse, Hofstra, Buffalo, Marist, Albany and Manhattan. Syracuse always draws at the Garden and I'm sure you would get a decent fan base from all these schools. Have a 3 day tournament.

I don't think this is a bad idea, but if I remember correctly these in season tournaments can't have 2 teams from the same conference.

I don't think this is a bad idea, but if I remember correctly these in season tournaments can't have 2 teams from the same conference.

true thats why i had st.johns/syracuse. you can also throw in fairliegh dickinsen and fordham to complete 8 different conferences with ny teams. Or you can go the route of getting rid of a bcs team like boston college and adding a rhode island instead of fordham. Since the MSG network has already picked up 3 Albany games this season maybe it wouldnt be a bad idea if coach brown got into or lobbies for this kind of event.

Its also a good way to try and keep the top recruits from ny to stay in ny, but that is really up to them.

Archived