UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany vs. (AT) UMBC

For those of us, like myself, who can't make away games during the week, the UMBC game essentially is the only road game left on our schedule that takes place on a weekend. (the remaining road games on our regular-season schedule are: at Boston (Thursday); at Stonybrook (Thursday); at UNH (Thursday); at Binghamton (Monday)). The Stonybrook and Binghamton road games will be televised on MSG.

So, for those of you interested, I was told by the UMBC ticket office that secion 1 is the section "reserved for visiting fans," and that is the section located behind the visiting bench at UMBC and to the left as one enters the facility. Tickets for adults are $10. I ordered a pair of tickets today and hope that other fans will also make the journey into the territory of our only Conference foe that calls home south of the Mason-Dixon Line.

One may contact the UMBC ticket office by phone at: (410) 455-2205

University of Maryland Baltimore County Athletic Ticket Office

RAC 331 • Baltimore, MD 21250

Phone: (410) 455-2205 • FAX: (410) 455-1315

Office Hours: 8:30am – 5:00pm (Mon - Fri)

racarenagf4.gif

I. Place to Stay and Things to Do in or around Baltimore for the UAlbany vs. UMBC basketball game?

Can anyone on this forum provide any information on a good place (i.e., hotel) to stay for the game against UMBC for the weekend of February 27 to March 1? I expect to drive down Friday night, so Saturday is pretty much open, so I'll have time to shop or see sights (Perhaps there is a good place to stay near DC that isn't too far from UMBC?) or do other things of interest if so suggested on here.

II. Other sporting events that weekend in or around Baltimore/D.C.

A. Lacrosse in Baltimore that Weekend

For the Lacrosse fans on here, perhaps one idea to lure the UA faithful down to Baltimore for the UMBC game is to also attend the one-day-long 2009 Face-Off Classic, featuring Princeton vs. Hopkins (12 noon) and Duke vs. Maryland (2:30pm), taking place at M & T Stadium in Baltimore, Maryland, on Saturday, February 28, 2009. The UAlbany vs. UMBC hoops game is the following day, Sunday, March 1. For more information, and tickets aren't too bad for price at all IMHO, see http://www.faceoffclassic.com/.

If there are 8 other people on here who are going to the UMBC game and are interested in going to the Face Off Classic (just a two-game lacrosse event), groups of 10 or more get tickets for only $10. Normally, tickets are $20 for reserved lower level, and tickets priced at $30 for clubhouse or something to that effect. Just post if you're interested or send me a message, as I'd be happy to arrange for the purchase of tickets at the group rate if there is interest.

B. Professional Sports

I looked into whether there were any Wizards, Capitals, or other professional sporting events that weekend, and every team is either off or playing on the road that weekend, so pro sports are out.

C. College Sports

As far as college sports, Georgetown hoops is on the road that weekend, I believe against St. Johns in Queens, and as far as other college sporting events, the most notable game would probably be Saturday night, February 28, at George Mason University where GMU hosts Townson State University. Tickets are still available from what I gather.

I tried to be thorough in finding other sporting events to go to while attending the UA vs. UMBC game that weekend, because I'm always impressed at how some of the guys on here manage to attend several sporting events in one road-trip weekend for UA hoops: From what I recall, I think Bob87 is the one who does it better than anyone on here; he'd figure out how to attend the Superbowl, an America East hoops game, and a hockey game all in one weekend! :)

UA_MA_2000

I am not sure what time you are going down on Friday, but the Wizards are home Friday night.

I won't be going to that game, but I am going to the lacrosse doubleheader and could go to the George Mason game but probably will just go out in Baltimore Saturday night and watch the game on MASN. I got to have crab cakes and beers at least one night in Baltimore. George Mason is 57 miles from M&T/Raven stadium and the game is 8 PM. Also that night at 7 is Colgate at Navy, 30 miles from Raven stadium.

There are plenty of hotels along 95 between Baltimore and DC or in the downtown areas of either city. The cities are about 40 miles apart. I am staying in downtown Baltimore on this trip.

For DC, one option is to stay near University of Maryland exit 25 off the beltway and take the Metro in from the Green belt line station (exit 24)

Bob87:

"I got to have crap cakes and beers at least one night in Baltimore. George Mason is 57 miles from M&T/Raven stadium and the game is 8 PM. Also that night at 7 is Colgate at Navy, 30 miles from Raven stadium."

Bob, I always knew you were full of crap.

Bob87:

"I got to have crap cakes and beers at least one night in Baltimore. George Mason is 57 miles from M&T/Raven stadium and the game is 8 PM. Also that night at 7 is Colgate at Navy, 30 miles from Raven stadium."

Bob, I always knew you were full of crap.

Sorry it was late.

Crab cakes

UA_MA_2000

I am not sure what time you are going down on Friday, but the Wizards are home Friday night.

I won't be going to that game, but I am going to the lacrosse doubleheader and could go to the George Mason game but probably will just go out in Baltimore Saturday night and watch the game on MASN. I got to have crab cakes and beers at least one night in Baltimore. George Mason is 57 miles from M&T/Raven stadium and the game is 8 PM. Also that night at 7 is Colgate at Navy, 30 miles from Raven stadium.

There are plenty of hotels along 95 between Baltimore and DC or in the downtown areas of either city. The cities are about 40 miles apart. I am staying in downtown Baltimore on this trip.

For DC, one option is to stay near University of Maryland exit 25 off the beltway and take the Metro in from the Green belt line station (exit 24)

You never cease to amaze me with your fan-efficiency! Thanks for the info!

Archived