UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recapping CCSU and moving onto Robert Morris

Fordie on Wyland

Recapping CCSU

CCSU was a tough loss, but the 18 game winning streak was an amazing accomplishment.

CCSU was very very good. Game came down to 7 plays and if we got any one of them back, we'd win the game.

The call on Booker in the endzone was a tough call at that point in time, but officiating never costs the ball game. However, 80% of the officials in the country probably would NOT have thrown the flag in that situation though.

RMU

17 Seniors have their last home game Saturday.

A lot of great kids in that bunch.

This week of practice has been tougher on the coaching staff than it was on the team. 21 year olds are much more resiliant. Ford said he was devistated by the loss. The kids took it much better. By the time Tuesday morning rolls around the kids were focused.

RMU is on a 2-game win streak. RMU is down from where they were 5 years ago for sure. A real challenge for our offense as they are pretty good against the run. We have an edge in special teams and on defense for sure. This will be a field-position game.

Short call this week.

Video interview with Ford tonight on Big Board Sports talking much more about that winning streak.

I am a new poster but a long time fan. Watching this class for the past few years move through the program was really a incredible. There is no way to no appreciate the contributions that these seniors made. A few names stick out, David Mccarty, dave casale, vinny esposito, kevin richards, dave nicomini, and tim bush are obviously the most well known. But justin gannon, chris simpson, and justin bracaccio to name a few have had meaningful impacts on taking the program to new heights. 18 game win streak is something to be extremely proud of.

That being said, its time to move on and give these seniors something to remember. I heard danefan talking about playing freshman and sitting seniors. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. From reading his posts, I see he played football..Imagine if fordie did that to you. These guys have won their whole career..Since Mccarty, Espisito, Richards and Bush became full time starters together, the offense has gone to areas never before seen. Espo is 2nd in the conference in passing yardage and Bush is #1 in receiving. I cant remember the last time that happened. macarty has still gotten his yards too, despite being injured and that is a testament to the grit and will he has as a person. he is one of the toughest ball players I have ever seen and it has been a pleasure to watch him the last 3 years. he is without a doubt the best football player this school has ever seen. The competition he has dominated against is something noone has previously done.

This will be robert morris's super bowl so they need to come out ready to go. But i have no doubt that a 17 memeber senior class will make sure of that.

I am a new poster but a long time fan. Watching this class for the past few years move through the program was really a incredible. There is no way to no appreciate the contributions that these seniors made. A few names stick out, David Mccarty, dave casale, vinny esposito, kevin richards, dave nicomini, and tim bush are obviously the most well known. But justin gannon, chris simpson, and justin bracaccio to name a few have had meaningful impacts on taking the program to new heights. 18 game win streak is something to be extremely proud of.

That being said, its time to move on and give these seniors something to remember. I heard danefan talking about playing freshman and sitting seniors. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. From reading his posts, I see he played football..Imagine if fordie did that to you. These guys have won their whole career..Since Mccarty, Espisito, Richards and Bush became full time starters together, the offense has gone to areas never before seen. Espo is 2nd in the conference in passing yardage and Bush is #1 in receiving. I cant remember the last time that happened. macarty has still gotten his yards too, despite being injured and that is a testament to the grit and will he has as a person. he is one of the toughest ball players I have ever seen and it has been a pleasure to watch him the last 3 years. he is without a doubt the best football player this school has ever seen. The competition he has dominated against is something noone has previously done.

This will be robert morris's super bowl so they need to come out ready to go. But i have no doubt that a 17 memeber senior class will make sure of that.

Welcome bigdane14!

I'll gladly admit that I got caught up in what was a devistating loss for fans to see last weekend and that calling for him to be completely benched was a bit overboard. I still believe, however, that whoever Fordie thinks is going to start next year at QB should get significant playing time in these next few games.

I sure would be pissed if I was benched. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be the best thing for the program's future.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It would suck for Espo if he didn't play, as the kid has contributed tremendously the last 3 years. That doesn't change my opinion that the best thing for the future of the program is to get next year's starting QB time this year.

Welcome bigdane14!

I'll gladly admit that I got caught up in what was a devistating loss for fans to see last weekend and that calling for him to be completely benched was a bit overboard. I still believe, however, that whoever Fordie thinks is going to start next year at QB should get significant playing time in these next few games.

I sure would be pissed if I was benched. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be the best thing for the program's future.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It would suck for Espo if he didn't play, as the kid has contributed tremendously the last 3 years. That doesn't change my opinion that the best thing for the future of the program is to get next year's starting QB time this year.

How could anyone justify not Playing Vinnie in his last home game after all he has done for the program . The team still has a chance to win the NEC , although it is a slight chance . Its way to early to be thinking about next year . There are plenty of other position player that I am sure would like playing time also . now is not the time . Do we even know who nexts years QB is . I would think that more than one is being looked at and who knows who we are recruiting .

Welcome bigdane14!

How could anyone justify not Playing Vinnie in his last home game after all he has done for the program . The team still has a chance to win the NEC , although it is a slight chance . Its way to early to be thinking about next year . There are plenty of other position player that I am sure would like playing time also . now is not the time . Do we even know who nexts years QB is . I would think that more than one is being looked at and who knows who we are recruiting .

I said above that I think he should play some. But from everything we've seen and heard, Dan Dilella is the frontrunner for QB next season and he has absolutely zero experience under center.

And if playing him meant we'd lose these games than I don't advocate playing him at all.

I think you guys are misinterpretting my comments as meaning that I'm willing to "throw in the towel" on this season in favor of next season. I'm not saying that at all. I think we can win these next two games with Dilella playing a good amount. If Fordie doesn't think we can I'm sure he won't play him.

It is very very very very unlikely that Central Ct. will lose 2 out of their next three games. That's what it will take for us to win the NEC this year. I believe its absolutely the appropriate time to begin looking forward to next year - the first year the NEC has the AQ.

And you are right about other position players getting time. Things are different for QB's though. There is no substitute for real game action under center.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but if we win the last 2 games, and ccsu loses one of its games... aren't we co-conference champions? Of course, they take the bid to the gridiron, but don't we share the title?

I think you are technically correct.

If that's the case, then I think we play to win, and play with who gives us the best chance to win. Being able to claim another NEC championship, adding it to the list, is important.

In any of the games, if we have a comfortable lead, we should get the new guy at qb, getting him as much experience as possible. I don't see him playing any more than a half a game each game though.

All of the starting seniors deserve to play at least half the game.

If that's the case, then I think we play to win, and play with who gives us the best chance to win.

Being able to claim another NEC championship, adding it to the list, is important.

In any of the games, if we have a comfortable lead, we should get the new guy at qb, getting him as much experience as possible. I don't see him playing any more than a half a game each game though.

I agree, and that's why I've said a couple of times that if I didn't think we could win with Dilella than I wouldn't advocate playing him at all.

Welcome bigdane14!

I said above that I think he should play some. But from everything we've seen and heard, Dan Dilella is the frontrunner for QB next season and he has absolutely zero experience under center.

And if playing him meant we'd lose these games than I don't advocate playing him at all.

I think you guys are misinterpretting my comments as meaning that I'm willing to "throw in the towel" on this season in favor of next season. I'm not saying that at all. I think we can win these next two games with Dilella playing a good amount. If Fordie doesn't think we can I'm sure he won't play him.

It is very very very very unlikely that Central Ct. will lose 2 out of their next three games. That's what it will take for us to win the NEC this year. I believe its absolutely the appropriate time to begin looking forward to next year - the first year the NEC has the AQ.

And you are right about other position players getting time. Things are different for QB's though. There is no substitute for real game action under center.

I respect your opinion and agree the QB position is somewhat different but real game situations are important for all positions . From what I have seen and heard there is going to be a two or three way battle for QB depending on what is done with Drew Smith . I am sure taht everybody will be looked at . Remember That Blasinsky played as a freshman and lost the job To Esposito which tells me that all players have a chance regardless of class . Again I think it in the spring when we should be thinking about next year , alot can happen between now and then .

Welcome bigdane14!

I respect your opinion and agree the QB position is somewhat different but real game situations are important for all positions . From what I have seen and heard there is going to be a two or three way battle for QB depending on what is done with Drew Smith . I am sure taht everybody will be looked at . Remember That Blasinsky played as a freshman and lost the job To Esposito which tells me that all players have a chance regardless of class . Again I think it in the spring when we should be thinking about next year , alot can happen between now and then .

The question as to what happens with Drew Smith is a huge one. If Fordie can find a RB then I'd love to see Smith at QB. The kid is the most dynamic player I've seen at Albany in the Division I era. But we haven't seen any underclassmen at RB besides Smith so I think Smith is probably destined for RB. Probably a lot of Wildcat formations though!

Anyway, I'm glad we've got some new posters on the board interested in football. In November the football talk usually dwindles with most of the folks on here being basketball-first guys.

Again, welcome aboard FMDane and BigDane14

CCSU heads to Wagner tomorrow.

And hosts Monmouth.

If they are vulnerable to collect a loss from anyone else other than us this year,

it would be either Wagner or Monmouth.

Let's go Wagner and Monmouth. Whoooooooooooop their arse!

I second that motion . It is a possibility

Archived