UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Brown

ALBANY – UAlbany coach Will Brown has two tiny visitors in his life – one that’s a very welcome addition, the other one not so much.

Brown said today his wife, Jamie, is expecting the couple’s second child in April. The Browns already know it’s a boy. They have a son, 7-year-old Jackson.

On the other hand, Brown found out he has contracted Lyme Disease, which will take about another six weeks to cure.

So, no thanks to the random tick that happened to bite Brown.

“I’ve been exhausted since September,” Brown said. “I found out the day we left for Florida (on Nov. 25). Doc (team physician Tony) Marinello called me and said, ‘Hey, buddy, we finally found out what’s going on.”

“I’ve been tough on this team, and a lot of that’s been I’ve been cranky, I’ve been beat, my wife’s home pregnant halfway through (her term),” Brown said. “We’re expecting our second kid. I’m tough on our guys to begin with, so you can imagine how tough I am on them now. I’ve been dealing with (Lyme Disease) for two months before they found out what I had and it’s another six weeks to get it out of my system.”

http://blog.timesunion.com/collegesports/ualbany-coach-exhausted-from-lyme-disease/5538/

Archived