UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Vermont matchup

I admit I might have a case of march madness. While I was watching the Vermont-UConn game the other night I was trying to figure out how next years Danes would matchup with Vermont.

Iati-Sorrentine PG

Both were ROY with similar stats. Give an edge to Sorrentine because of his expereince.

Wilson-Hehn SG

Not even close. Wilson!

Jordan or Levine-Gila SF

I really like Gila but I don't think this one is close. Gila is not the offensive player either one of those guys is.

Levine/Dyson/Wyatt-Coppenrath PF

OK not even close. Coppenrath is better, much better.

Zoellner/Dyson-Jones C

OK so I've never seen Z or Dyson play. I'm projecting the 7'1 Big East transfer to be better than Jones.

As Brown said on Wyland's show "I wish the season started tomorrow." This is a team that returns it's top 7 scorers from last year, it's top scorer from the year before and the top scorer from Loyola. That's four proven double digit scorers! I can't wait until next year.

By the way Statefan, I thought you were an ACC guy? Surprised to see you pick a Big East team to win it all in the tourney challenge.

Dane Pound

I think you're putting the cart in front of the horse.

Next year should be exciting but we also shouldn't get to hyped until we see the preseason games.

As for our match ups with Vermont please remember Sotty Jones is a Senior.

On the perimeter where they have Sorrentine, Hehn and Njila we will have Iati, Wilson and Jordan. They will have experience and we will have the better offensive group. In the past they have been able to cheat off one or two players to help next year they will have to play our perimeter people straight up.

We have no answer for Coppenrath but we have played him well in the past and will have more size to throw at him plus he will have to defend someone next year and also help out versus the penetration of Wilson and Jordan.

All in all it should be interesting. I'm more concerned about taking care of UMBC, UNH, Stony Brook and the like. Next year we must first dig out of the basement and then worry about the "Top Dogs"!!!!

Come Conference Tourney time hopefully we will all be on the same page and have good chemistry and a proper rotation of players. It will be hard to figure out who should and/or shouldn't get significant minutes - remember we will actually have 7 new bodies added to this year's group.

Edited by Patch