UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2011 Guard Commits

Allysia Rohlehr committed to Albany earlier this week. According to ESPN "She chose the Great Danes over finalist Villanova." You don't see that very often. Sounds like Coach Abe is getting it done.

Sounds like a nice get. I am excited to see what Coach Abe can do.

I met her at homecoming and she seemed excited with the potential that exists with this program.

She also told me that she was hired too late to have any of her players this year but that she already has six commits for her first class:

4 freshman and two D-1 transfers (one from Mercer and one from St. Bonaventure.)

If this is one of the freshmen I guess we have to wait for three more to sign.

• 2 months later...

I didn't realize that ESPN (through Scouts.com, really) was grading female recruits but I came across an evaluation for Allysia Rohlehr: Recruit Page

It mentions that she also considered Villanova, and rates her as a 3-Star prospect, with a grade of 86.

"Great form and stroke make Rohlehr a threat the second she comes in the game. She cuts effectively with and without screens and seems to be able to find her shots. Her looks off the dribble are just as effective as her spot up shots. She'll need a lot more versatility to keep defenders playing her straight up in the future."

Also worth noting that she is listed as a 5'10" guard, and the 75th "best" at her position.

Archived