UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

League loss to Hartford 8-9

What's the matter, no one want to talk about our fourth straight loss? With Harvard coming up and Hopkins away and an improved Vermont away two days later, we are looking squarely at seven in a row. The prospect of not making the AE tourament is a real possibility. If this was basketball people would be screaming for Brown's head.

So you lacrosse fans what's your opinion? Can Marr turn this team around?

Everyone's back from injury on the first string midfield.

Thought we might have regained the mojo by now.

Alls I can say is that the 2nd half was the sloppiest half of lacrosse by one team I've seen

in a heck of a long time. There's no excuse for junior high sloppiness at this level.

Effort issue, talent issue, coaching issue???????????

I have been complaining all year about the pace and conservatism of UA's offense. I guess this is a trend throughout lacrosse and not a positive one as per Quint Kessenich's mid season reprort card (4/1 Inside lacrosse). See quotes below:

"D+ Syracuse offense - Take a look at shots per game stats from Syracuse title teams: In 1990 Syracuse averaged 55.3 shots per game. In 1995 it was 54.9. A decade later in 2004 the total slipped to 44.5. In 2009 it fell to 41.3. This season its just 37.1 shots per game. The Syracuse "run and gun" moniker can be officially retired.

D- Pace of play - Soccer scores don't strengthen the game's argument as the fastest on two feet. Too much standing around, waiting for endless substitutions, coupled with conservative zone defenses, and cautious offensive schemes have left fans craving excitement. Sports fans who watch lacrosse wonder why the game doesn't have a shot clock. If the product isn't compelling, only the hardcore will watch."

Archived