UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany @ Fairfield 1pm 2/23

Was at the game. Our team did some press which was something new. We went inside a lot and Puk had a great game. We didn't shoot well from three, to be honest I'm not sure how many threes we attempted, didn't seem like a lot but haven't looked at the stats yet. Both teams had many turn overs, we even had a stretch of 3 or 4 in a row and that same time Fairfield also turned it over a ton. We played a short bench but saw some new combinations. Fairfield looked like a talented team but their shots were just not going in.

MsGDG, It looks like the observations you made about the game are reflected in the actual stats: threes attempted and made, turnovers, inside game, etc. How was the attendance at the game? Were many UA fans there? I cannot find the attendance numbers in the stats. Hope you had a good trip back.

Their arena is similar to Siena's (including the ushers who tell you to leave if you linger to chat for more than 5mins).. a city/county arena but they block off the ends with sheets. ESPN has 3,678 listed, but I don't think there were that many people there, assume that includes season ticket holders that don't show up. The UA turnout was good, I'd say there was about 30-40 UA fans.

Edited by MsGDG

Blonde girl and a boy in a blue shirt, front row? You were right next to me, but I'd already left home before you posted, so I didn't know.

Nope. We were 8-10 rows back surrounded by Fairfield fans. I think we met once before though at Mohegan Sun. I was sitting with Bob there.

Their arena is similar to Siena's (including the ushers who tell you to leave if you linger to chat for more than 5mins).. a city/county arena but they block off the ends with sheets. ESPN has 3,678 listed, but I don't think there were that many people there, assume that includes season ticket holders that don't show up. The UA turnout was good, I'd say there was about 30-40 UA fans.

Totally agree on the ushers. I bought tickets in a certain section and when I got there the guy told me it was for employees only and I needed to sit in another section. When I told him I bought tickets in that section he said, "Fine! Do what you want!" Kind of weird. For the second half we moved by the Albany bench and got kicked out of the section next to the bench because no one was supposed to sit there. They kicked out Will Brown's dad from that section as well.

MsGDG, I think we met late in the game. I was saying hi with my daughter to you and Brian. That is you correct? My daughter loved the mascot. Kept asking where he was the whole game.

As for the game, I was really surprised by how well the team played on the road against a team that has won 8 in a row. The intensity level was excellent throughout. Puk and Rowley played really well and I thought the defense, especially in the first half was really good. There is no way there was 3000+ people there. Maybe some bought tickets and didn't go since they told me the center sections were sold out when I went to the ticket booth and when I got inside those sections were half empty.

DanesRGood yep that was me. Glad your daughter had fun.

Good to put a face to the screen name. :) Not being in the Albany area and going to a lot of home games, I rarely get a chance to meet many people from the board.

My daughter was so excited to go to her first basketball game that when she woke up she went straight to he closet and got her "gwait dames" shirt.

Edited by DanesRGood