UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Kind of annoyed about this, but not a big deal

I mentioned that Albany had a open date in late May in which they finish a AE series and then dont play again till the following Saturday. I said that they need to get a game in that week. Well they did. BUT ITS AGAINST NY TECH???? Why would you sched a week team like that?? Its almost 2 weeks from the AE tournament at that pt, and odds are, your gonna have a strong record. Why not try and get a UNC-Wilmngton, which was free that week or another strong team in and give your self a chance to raise that RPI a little more, and continue to show you can play with the big boys? Instead, we play a weak NY Tech team that is going no where and will do nothing to really help us. I dont really understand it

and what irks me even more about it is that you still have non-conference games against Pace and Marist, along with Le Moyne. Le Moyne is not bad at all, but when your playing two weak teams in Pace and Marist, why are you signing up to play an even weaker team in NY Tech???

And who is going to pay for that flight to Wilmington????? Too much travel this late in the season. I am sure some of them are getting physically and mentally exhausted (exams and final projects are coming up). It would make more sense to me to schedule another Big East team like Boston College or UConn (2-3 hour trips away).

Bottom line, if this team is as good as we think, they should just control their own destiny and win the conference tourney. The great teams go the distance and don't falter at the end. We'll wait and see if we are one of them.

hey im all for a Big East team more then UNC-Wilmington. I just threw a name out thereI jsut think that since the opening is near the end, why not give them a boost and play some strong competition for the tournament. Get them even stronger/ ITs not a big deal, its just an opinion i kinda had.