UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Made my first trip to the Joe last night. When it was built I was somewhat irritated they didn't build it "over here" on the west side of the river. None of the facilities were open last night as there was a small crowd but it is a very nice place to see a game. After visiting the HVCC campus there is no way we should get any resistance about a new football stadium. If they're willing to build a community college a $14 million baseball stadium they should be willing to do better for a University Center in the state's capital.

I had some unexpected company as I ran into Alumni92 at the game. Also had a chance to meet Coach Driscoll and future Coach Barnes. They both had good things to say about the recruits and Jamar Wilsons health. The thing I was happiest to hear was them talking about Zoellner and they said he was a pretty good athlete. I can't wait to see him on the court.

As for the game the Danes were their usual aggresive selves on the basepaths. Ran themselves out of some runs early in the game. The game was tied 1-1 when Brendan Chivaro killed an NYT rally by making an outstanding catch along the right field line and hit the wall hard. He was down for a few minutes and came back to the dugout limping. He didn't come back into the game. Danes rallied for a couple of runs in the bottom half of that inning keyed by some errors in the field. Seemed like Mueller eased off a little then a brought several freshman in. They more less coasted and withstood a late NYT rally to win 8-5.

I had some unexpected company as I ran into Alumni92 at the game. Also had a chance to meet Coach Driscoll and future Coach Barnes. They both had good things to say about the recruits and Jamar Wilsons health. The thing I was happiest to hear was them talking about Zoellner and they said he was a pretty good athlete. - DP

1. Hopefully Barnes gets strong consideration from the administration for Spisto's position.

2. When I last spoke with Jamar he looked great and said he felt great. He said he was close to 185lbs that's a big difference from his Frosh year when he reported in at about 157.

3. I was told along time ago, before this season started that Zoellner was better than what they thought he was when they accepted him as a transfer. He's big and when "Der Big Man" plays OK it will be taken for granted and when he plays poorly he will be ridiculed alot. That is what happens with Big Guys but I was told that they expect him to have an impact on most nights.

4. Did Driscoll or Barnes mention if we have another scholarship available?

i also failed to ask if there were any scholarships still available ... as stated by DP, most of the news on the basketball front was positive ... it was a pleasant surprise to see members of the basketball coaching staff and a few players from other sports on hand for the game ... sets a fine example ... state politics often creates odd outcomes, but i'd bet UA winds up with a big chunk of their requested funds for improvement to the ADept. ... only question is the timetable

After visiting the HVCC campus there is no way we should get any resistance about a new football stadium. If they're willing to build a community college a $14 million baseball stadium they should be willing to do better for a University Center in the state's capital.

Sen. Bruno has always looked on hvcc with special favor and sees to it that generous portions of state/rensselaer county appropriations find their way into that campus ... pet project ... he has steered our fair share of state funds all over the capital district in recent years (helping to make up for countless, unfair, earlier budgets), and it would be nice to see that influence direct a few more dollars toward UA

Edited by alumni '92'