UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Farewell to Northeastern ?

There's been alot of discussion about NU's defection on the AE board for the past few weeks and a story in today's TU about the move. I couldn't find a link to the story but McElroy essentialy said it wouldn't effect the conference dramtatically.

Initially the talk was about UNH and NU going to the CAA but that doesn't look like it will happen. The travel issues seem like a mess going into the CAA but that's NU's problem now. I find it hard to get upset abou them going, their hoops program has been mediocre at best (we finished higher our first year) and their attendance is lousy. The thing I find curious is how NU fans complain about the AE. They are one of the conferences charter members and have the conference headquarters in their city. I would think they have had as much impact on the direction of the conference as anyone.

More interesting will be who replaces them, if anyone. It seems like with the induction of UMBC the conference is going the way of larger, state schools (Maine, UNH, VT, the NY schools, and UMBC) as opposed to the privates (Hartford, BU and NU). A couple of the names being thrown around as replacements are Central Conn State University and Quinnipiac. I'd really like Buffalo but I don't know how realistic that is.

Edited by Dane Pound