UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Exhibition Schedule

Professor and/or Patch - With the new NCAA rule about exhibitions, have any of your sources revealed who UA might possibly play? Is there a chance the Danes will get to run against Spisto's new club or are there other teams on the horizon?

For those that don't know, the NCAA ruled out exhibition games against AAU, traveling teams, etc. You basically have to play against DII, DIII, JuCo or NAIA schools I believe. They are trying to stop the big schools from playing a team just because a recruit is on the team or his relative or coach is a part of the team.

I'm sorry to hear about the new rule. I feel playing against lower level competition will not be much help in getting ready for the season. Going against former high level college studs or former pro players would be much better. Also attendance is pretty low for exhibition games in general as imagine the crowds if D-11 or 111 teams are involved. Another thought I have been meaning to mention involves a previous post re: Iatti possibly transferring if playing time is reduced. I hope this is not the case as great to have guy who can knock down some threes when needed as can get you back into a game quickly if fall behind.

Heard that the team is going to play two scrimmages against DI teams and no exhibition games. Probably better to scrimmage. One the competition is better than playing a DII or III team plus the DAnes have alot of new faces and I don't think their is any rules as to how long a scrimmage can be?

Albany Fan

In regard to Iati transferring - I personally don't see it happening. He can lose 25% 0f his playing time and still be getting 30mpg. I feel he'll probably get around 27 mpg and wind up overall being a better player.

I think Jamar, and Lucious will get their 30 mpg and then after that it will be a dog fight for minutes with Zoellner, Levine, Dyson and Perry being the early front runners. I include Perry because their was no reason to bring in another guard (especially a JC guard) unless he can really contribute.

Don't forget that "Q", Wyatt and Courtney won minutes last year with solid DI efforts and the 3 other freshman all bring solid skills to the team.

I think just about everyone will play less minutes than they would like but that is overall good for the Danes, very rarely should we have tired legs on the court.

As for exhibition games/scrimmages St. Rose will probably be their after that it's up in the air I'm sure Delhi and Sullivan CCC would love to come to Albany but the coaches are going to do what is best for this team to be ready to open against I think Sacred Heart.