UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #30: 2/29/2020 @ 7pm vs Stony Brook

2 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Some of you guys are the best ! Lol. U complain when guys are not playing well. You want them off the team.  Then you want more playing time for guys that are playing poorly.  Thank god some of you aren't the coaches. Lol.  MAKE UP YOUR MINDS! 

Hensens first 3 games he was: 1/8 ,1/2, and 3/12. He was taking terrible shots and was ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS out of postion.  His next handful of games he took minimal shots and was playing scared. 

Of course you want to play guys during the nonconference and that's what Brown did . Played 25, 17,19,21 minutes the first 4 games. AND CONTINUED TO PLAY!!!! He does not have 1 DNP this whole year !!!!   HE IMPROVED GUYS. HE LEARNED THE SYSTEM!! He was not mismanaged. 

I'm not trying to insult people's intelligence,  but basketball is more then points, rebounds, and athleticism.  Its about taking good shots, being in the right postion, playing defense , ect. If I took every shot in a game I would probably have 20 points  , but we would lost by 50. In the beginning of the year Hansen was PLAYING and learning.  

A message board is for opinions and complaints (and God knows I do both) but damn please dont sound stupid . 

Name a better option at the 4 or 5 spot. Even in the beginning of the year before all the injuries.

1 hour ago, Dane06grad said:

Name a better option at the 4 or 5 spot. Even in the beginning of the year before all the injuries.

Sure . Lulka averaged 8.7 and 6.5 as a FRESHMAN. Shot 55 percent from the field. I love facts.   (Before injury.)

He was averaging 8+ and 5 a game before injury. 

Again please re read my post . I'm not saying he should not have played. He did . I'm saying he was not mismanaged.  And backed it up with facts.

Hansen has played very very well the last 10 games or so. I dont want that to get lost in the conversation.  His improvement and learning of the system has been awesome to see. 

Edited by UA1882

2 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Sure . Lulka averaged 8.7 and 6.5 as a FRESHMAN. Shot 55 percent from the field. I love facts.   (Before injury.)

Again please re read my post . I'm not saying he should not have played. He did . I'm saying he was not mismanaged.  And backed it up with facts.

Hansen has played very very well the last 10 games or so. I dont want that to get lost in the conversation.  His improvement and learning of the system has been awesome to see. 

I can throw facts out there as well and say Hansen was a 10 and 6 guy last year at Savanah St. 

Clearly we disagree. The point of grad transfers are to come in basically as a ringer. Your not 1 DNP stat doesn’t really prove anything either as he’s played 12 min or less numerous times in the middle of the season.

11 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Last years stats mean nothing as there have been numerous complaints about all the players and their stats this year and their regression. 

If the stats are facts, I would take Hansen over all of them. He is much more productive in his minutes than Lulka was this year in the minutes he played.  Lulka Played the first 3 games then nothing for a while. 

As stated earlier, we will have to agree to disagree. Give me Hansen ALL DAY against ANY of our other bigs. He will make them ALL look foolish

Edited by Dane06grad

1 hour ago, Dane06grad said:

Last years stats mean nothing as there have been numerous complaints about all the players and their stats this year and their regression. 

If the stats are facts, I would take Hansen over all of them. He is much more productive in his minutes than Lulka was this year in the minutes he played.  Lulka Played the first 3 games then nothing for a while. 

As stated earlier, we will have to agree to disagree. Give me Hansen ALL DAY against ANY of our other bigs. He will make them ALL look foolish

I answered the question that was asked. Please re read the top of the page!!!!! (Name a better option at the 4 or 5 spot. Even in the beginning of the year before all the injuries).  I like Hansen . I think that's lost in all of this. I never ever said he should not play. I'm saying he has improved . Does anyone remember his first 10+ games (I know his minutes were sporadic) but they were bad. I would take Hansen right now above everyone as well. It's because he has improved and earned it. Lulka last year played very well for a freshman big. (I know his hands are not very good). He got hurt and was not given a chance it seems. Hopefully he will be a lot more healthy and better last year.

Lulka at the beginning of the year was playing better then Hansen. ( I'm not saying he was a better player, I'm staying he was playing better). Of course Hansen has surpassed him and has played extremely well. Through his first 13 games Hansen shot 32.7 percent (remember he is a senior ) That is really bad. He always grabbed rebounds.  Defense was average (honestly below average) . This makes my point.  He has risen his fg percentage to around 44 percent . That's outstanding given his first handful of games were a disaster.  He has played outstanding defense, alters shots, gets rebounds in traffic . Things he did not do at all in first 13 games to start the year. He has bought into the system and improved. I'm hoping the rest of them learned something.  I dont wanna beat a dead horse and we can def disagree.  But I was answering the question as it was the beginning of the year.  I wish more people were as enthusiastic as the people we have on here . That would be great to build our base. 

Edited by UA1882

16 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

I answered the question that was asked. Please re read the top of the page!!!!! Jesus please read ! (Name a better option at the 4 or 5 spot. Even in the beginning of the year before all the injuries).  I like Hensen . I think that's lost in all of this. I never ever said he should not play. I'm saying he has improved . Does anyone remember his first 10+ games (I know his minutes were sporadic) but they were bad. I would take Hensen right now above everyone as well. It's because he has improved and earned it. Lulka last year played very well for a freshman big. (I know his hands are not very good). He got hurt and was not given a chance it seems. Hopefully he will be a lot more healthy and better last year. 

Through his first 13 games Hensen shot 32.7 percent. That is really bad. He always grabbed rebounds.  Defense was average (honestly below average) . This makes my point. 

Lulka at the beginning of the year was playing better then Hensen. ( I'm not saying he was a better player, I'm staying he was playing better). Of course Hensen has surpassed him and has played extremely well. Through his first 13 games Hensen shot 32.7 percent (remember he is a senior ) That is really bad. He always grabbed rebounds.  Defense was average (honestly below average) . This makes my point.  He has risen his fg percentage to around 44 percent . That's outstanding given his first handful of games were a disaster.  He has played outstanding defense, alters shots, gets rebounds in traffic . Things he did not do at all in first 13 games to start the year. He has bought into the system and improved. I'm hoping the rest of them learned something.  I dont wanna beat a dead horse and we can def disagree.  Just read the post. I wish more people were as enthusiastic as the people we have on here . That would be great to build our base. 

it’s Hansen!!!

Bought into the system?! What system lol. Whatever this system you speak of clearly hasn’t been much of a thing these past 3 years.

Edited by UA'08

8 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

it’s Hansen!!!

Bought into the system?! What system lol. Whatever this system you speak of clearly hasn’t been much of a thing these past 3 years.

I know sorry ! Haha.  I fixed it . It was auto correcting. (One of my good friends last name is Hensen. ) I would say the system that has taken us to 5 NCAA's. Won 20+ games 6 or 7 years in a row. We will see what happens for the rest of the year . I know the last couple of years were not good. (But remember in 2017-18 we were 22-10, not great but definitely not terrible, then lost cremo and nichols unexpectedly) I think we can all agree this offseason is a big one for Brown and ualbany.  

Edited by UA1882

10 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

I know sorry ! Haha.  I fixed it . It was auto correcting. (One of my good friends last name is Hensen. ) I would say the system that has taken us to 5 NCAA's. Won 20+ games 6 or 7 years in a row. We will see what happens for the rest of the year . I know the last couple of years were not good. (But remember in 2017-18 we were 22-10, not great but definitely not terrible, then lost cremo and nichols unexpectedly) I think we can all agree this offseason is a big one for Brown and ualbany.  

Maybe a system for a coach to set his family up for life. More power to him to be able to do it.

Can’t argue with you that he took them to 5 NCAAs, but I’m not buying it’s because of his “system” that got them there.

To me the first two we all know why they got there. It wasn’t a system. The next two were EXTREMELY flawed and at the time I don’t think anyone cared to even realize it.. All I know is he had three championships in a row and didn’t capitalize on the recruiting trail ONE BIT. Even when they managed to get to the NCAAs it was a revolving door.