UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

GDAC - March Matchness 2024 Appeal

The annual March Campaign has began:

Some examples are:

• UAlbany lacrosse fans, we need YOUR HELP! 🗣️

It's March Matchness and every dollar donated over the next week could be matched twice! Triple the impact 💪

Help us reach our goal of $5,000 by donating now - just visit the link in our bio! 🔗
  • Alright Purple Fam, we need you... 🫵

It's March Matchness, and from now until the 28th any gift you make to the program could be matched TWICE!

It's an important time for our program, and we NEED your help - help us reach our goal!!!

Donate now by visiting the link in our bio 🔗

• ualbany_mbb March Matchness is upon us! 🤑

We need your help in reaching our $5,000 goal - where your gifts could be TRIPLED x3️⃣

Everything donated goes directly to giving our student-athletes the best experience possible! 👏

Let's do it! ➡️ Link in bio 🔗
Edited by cwdickens
correction

• cwdickens changed the title to GDAC - March Matchness 2024 Appeal

MARCH MATCHNESS STARTS NOW!

March Matchness is your opportunity to magnify your impact on the athletic programs closest to you! For the next week alumni, parents, friends, and our dedicated faculty and staff will join forces to support UAlbany students.

Double or triple your impact!
March Matchness (March 20-28) features matching gifts from generous donors to our athletic programs. So, every $20 equals $40. Add in the Pepsi Challenge and your gift makes 3x the impact on UAlbany student-athletes!

Give to what you love, and it will be matched!

Make a gift to the programs closest to you, between March 20 and March 28, and follow the leaderboard to see if they're leading the way!

Make Your Gift Today!

Athletics March Matchness Giving Page

Follow along and support your favorite programs!

C1291_march-matchness-triple.jpg

C1291_Email%20Footer.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was impressed that the Alumni Association or Athletic department created a list of previous alumni who rowed (D3 or club eras).  Coach Chase did reach out to us and gave us updates.  He also encouraged us to help with the fund raiser, glad to see they raised almost 4k which I think doubles to 8k. 

One interesting note that he shared was that the rowing team was given the old Women’s Basketball locker room(s) (I assume this both home and away locker rooms) for training space, locker rooms, and showers. 

Glad that the March madness fund raising drive was a success.  I have one thought for the future, instead of individual team goals why doesn't the athletic department set a large goal and fund raise for it?  One such goal would be the large indoor bubble for track and football.  How much would they need to raise for a down payment?    Would having a large goal produce a larger result?  Just asking.

3 hours ago, B9j2j6s said:

Glad that the March madness fund raising drive was a success.  I have one thought for the future, instead of individual team goals why doesn't the athletic department set a large goal and fund raise for it?  One such goal would be the large indoor bubble for track and football.  How much would they need to raise for a down payment?    Would having a large goal produce a larger result?  Just asking.

Hopefully, you will share your thought with the people in charge.  I thought the overall goal was low; however, giving people the opportunity to donate to individual sports encourages donations in my opinion.  In the past, I saw a spirited effort by student athletes, not so much this year.

The "bubble" replacement project has in the plans for a while.  Not sure if the funds already allocated and I feel this falls outside the purpose of March Matchness.