UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

From the Instagram Account grayed_danes_nil:

Too soon to start our look at 2025?

Looking forward to watch this kid put on purple next year - this is midfielder Brendon Barnard from Chittenango NY. I’m just going to say it - he reminds me of one of my all time favorite players - Sean Eccles…and not just because he plays with his socks below his ankles. He’s a 5’11” lefty midfielder who loves to attack the goal - exceptional stick skills and plays with his head on a swivel. Check out his video and tell me he doesn’t play like an Eccles.

Fun fact - Jack VanValkenburgh’s father is his shooting coach so we know he already has some of that Great Dane blood in his veins…

• Like 1

This next incoming frosh is someone I am really excited to watch develop. This is Tayoni Galante - a 6’2” attack / midfielder out of Salamanca High School. We love those hybrid types running out of the midfield…think Graydon Hogg and Ben Wimmer.

Salamanca has been one of our feeder program as of late and Tayoni will be following in the footsteps of Keelan Seneca and the great Famous Amos Whitcomb. All three of these guys came out of the womb with a stick in their hands and by 3 months they were already going behind the back.

If he’s anything like Keelan and Amos, I gotta believe we’re getting another high character human being. Welcome to the family.

• Thanks 1

Continuing our look at the incoming freshman signees - this is Patrick Boyle out of Corcoran High School in Syracuse NY. Having grown up in that neck of the woods I can tell you that Corcoran isn’t just a school…it’s an attitude. Pat is a 6 foot 190 pound midfielder who plays with that Corcoran attitude.

Kid is just tearing-it-up this year. In 13 games this year young blood already has 57 goals, 30 assists and 74 groundballs. Looking forward to seeing them make a deep run in the playoffs.

• Like 1

Coming to campus in the Fall is 6’3” 200 lbs attackman Colin Duncan out of Churchville Chili High school. That’s a big dude to be playing attack.

As you know, we (and by we I mean me) have a strong bias for our upstate New York players. We’re all a bit hard headed and grew up with a collective chip on our shoulders. Plus we all know we’re a bit obnoxious. I’m a self aware kinda guy.

Watched some video - Colin looks to be a shooter/finisher type. Think 2023 version of Silas. Moves well without the ball and is able to finish in small spaces.

Gotta love a kid who has been fan of the program for a long time - guessing the last great Churchville Chili attackman Corey Yunker had something to do with that. If he can develop into half the player Corey was he’s going to be just fine.

Welcome to the family.

• Like 1

Once again, thanks to grayed_danes_nil for the updates that are being posted here:

Gotta show some love for my Long Island boys as well so let’s welcome midfielder Brendan O’Keefe to the family.

Brendan checks in at a reasonable 5’9” 155 pounds - that’s more towards the Kesselring / Shook side of the pendulum which is ok by me. We have plenty of big bodies on the roster and Brendan is more of a change of pace kind of player.

Watched some clips of him online and saw all of last year’s state championship loss to Baldwinsville where they ran into a smothering defense. He’s a complete player.

Brendan put together a solid junior season finishing with 39g / 53a and followed that up with 34 g /33a as a senior (so far).

Farmingdale takes on Half Hollow Hills tomorrow which has generated quite a bit of buzz with the early 90s alumni because the son of former UAlbany fifth string goalie and current Grayed Danes Board Member Nick Raio plays for HHH. I think I speak for everyone when I say - Go Dalers.

Notable Farmingdale / UAlbany lacrosse alum include Assistant Coach Steve Kunz, defenseman Anthony Ostrander and current Dane Dillon Mehta who I am dying to see get on the field.

According to grayed_dane_nil, two more student athletes have committed MLAX, the first is:

Coaches went out and found us another Midwest stud. This is Ben Carey - 5’11” 175 pound Long Stick athlete out of Neenah High School in Wisconsin.

In the last couple of years we had three Ohio boys make Albany home (Luke Grove, Jacob Smith and Cade Galko) and all three earned significant playing time as freshman.

Carey brings an interesting skill set to the table. He’s a lefty long pole with ridiculous stick skills. Loves to run and is a weapon on the offensive side of the field. He has the potential to be a handful once he gets comfortable playing at the next level.

I need to relax because I’m getting pumped as I get to know this new group. Welcome to the family.

• Like 1

The second student-athlete is:

Another Midwest athlete heading our way next year - this is Trevor Corless out of powerhouse Detroit Country Day School in Beverly Hills, Michigan.

He’s a 6’1” lefty long pole - outstanding two sport athlete (we love hockey players) who compliments his aggressiveness with really solid technique. When I see video of him I am reminded of Matt Perla (congrats Matt by the way).

We graduated quite a few poles this year so there should be plenty of healthy competition for playing time heading into the Fall. Max Neeson is the anchor to this unit and I’m looking forward to seeing the other pieces fall into place.

On 5/31/2024 at 6:07 PM, cwdickens said:

The second student-athlete is:

Another Midwest athlete heading our way next year - this is Trevor Corless out of powerhouse Detroit Country Day School in Beverly Hills, Michigan.

He’s a 6’1” lefty long pole - outstanding two sport athlete (we love hockey players) who compliments his aggressiveness with really solid technique. When I see video of him I am reminded of Matt Perla (congrats Matt by the way).

We graduated quite a few poles this year so there should be plenty of healthy competition for playing time heading into the Fall. Max Neeson is the anchor to this unit and I’m looking forward to seeing the other pieces fall into place.

Shows his siging on Instagram

On 5/31/2024 at 6:05 PM, cwdickens said:

According to grayed_dane_nil, two more student athletes have committed MLAX, the first is:

Coaches went out and found us another Midwest stud. This is Ben Carey - 5’11” 175 pound Long Stick athlete out of Neenah High School in Wisconsin.

In the last couple of years we had three Ohio boys make Albany home (Luke Grove, Jacob Smith and Cade Galko) and all three earned significant playing time as freshman.

Carey brings an interesting skill set to the table. He’s a lefty long pole with ridiculous stick skills. Loves to run and is a weapon on the offensive side of the field. He has the potential to be a handful once he gets comfortable playing at the next level.

I need to relax because I’m getting pumped as I get to know this new group. Welcome to the family.

Been on Inside Lacrosse  as a U A guy for a while

• Like 1

On 5/29/2024 at 1:45 PM, cwdickens said:

Once again, thanks to grayed_danes_nil for the updates that are being posted here:

Gotta show some love for my Long Island boys as well so let’s welcome midfielder Brendan O’Keefe to the family.

Brendan checks in at a reasonable 5’9” 155 pounds - that’s more towards the Kesselring / Shook side of the pendulum which is ok by me. We have plenty of big bodies on the roster and Brendan is more of a change of pace kind of player.

Watched some clips of him online and saw all of last year’s state championship loss to Baldwinsville where they ran into a smothering defense. He’s a complete player.

Brendan put together a solid junior season finishing with 39g / 53a and followed that up with 34 g /33a as a senior (so far).

Farmingdale takes on Half Hollow Hills tomorrow which has generated quite a bit of buzz with the early 90s alumni because the son of former UAlbany fifth string goalie and current Grayed Danes Board Member Nick Raio plays for HHH. I think I speak for everyone when I say - Go Dalers.

Notable Farmingdale / UAlbany lacrosse alum include Assistant Coach Steve Kunz, defenseman Anthony Ostrander and current Dane Dillon Mehta who I am dying to see get on the field.

Okeef is a three star player

• Like 1

On 5/19/2024 at 7:08 AM, cwdickens said:

Too soon to start our look at 2025?

Looking forward to watch this kid put on purple next year - this is midfielder Brendon Barnard from Chittenango NY. I’m just going to say it - he reminds me of one of my all time favorite players - Sean Eccles…and not just because he plays with his socks below his ankles. He’s a 5’11” lefty midfielder who loves to attack the goal - exceptional stick skills and plays with his head on a swivel. Check out his video and tell me he doesn’t play like an Eccles.

Fun fact - Jack VanValkenburgh’s father is his shooting coach so we know he already has some of that Great Dane blood in his veins…

A three star player - been on Inside Lacrosse UA signed list for a while

• Like 1

On 5/22/2024 at 8:20 AM, cwdickens said:

Continuing our look at the incoming freshman signees - this is Patrick Boyle out of Corcoran High School in Syracuse NY. Having grown up in that neck of the woods I can tell you that Corcoran isn’t just a school…it’s an attitude. Pat is a 6 foot 190 pound midfielder who plays with that Corcoran attitude.

Kid is just tearing-it-up this year. In 13 games this year young blood already has 57 goals, 30 assists and 74 groundballs. Looking forward to seeing them make a deep run in the playoffs.

New Name to me that hasn't appeared on Inside lacrosse list. Kid has great stats...........

On 5/19/2024 at 7:10 AM, cwdickens said:

This next incoming frosh is someone I am really excited to watch develop. This is Tayoni Galante - a 6’2” attack / midfielder out of Salamanca High School. We love those hybrid types running out of the midfield…think Graydon Hogg and Ben Wimmer.

Salamanca has been one of our feeder program as of late and Tayoni will be following in the footsteps of Keelan Seneca and the great Famous Amos Whitcomb. All three of these guys came out of the womb with a stick in their hands and by 3 months they were already going behind the back.

If he’s anything like Keelan and Amos, I gotta believe we’re getting another high character human being. Welcome to the family.

Watched his videos.   Big Kid - good skills

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HOF2013 said:

Been on Inside Lacrosse  as a U A guy for a while. Watched his videos a while ago.  Should help.

15 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Anyone know grayed_danes_nil? Maybe INVITE him to this blog? He seems to provide excellent knowledge of the program and recruits. Perhaps people on the blog can/could provide him potential  NIL resources?? Some people prefer NOT to use social media-instagram etc.

Edited by dslyank