UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Posted (edited)
On 7/10/2024 at 8:54 AM, dslyank said:

I really HOPE he is as good as Greyed says he is; but the 55th (or whatever #) man on Hopkins roster does not speak well for Koleton. Hopkins is NOT the power house it use to be; and like UA is in a rebuilding mode of late. Two years one goal and only 4 appearances (none in 2024); unless he had an injury or perhaps an academic issue, does NOT speak well for the young man, no matter how many he was competing with. There is an expression in sports that talent will always rise to the forefront?

I guess sometimes it may take longer for some. I HOPE that is the case with Koleton. Sometimes a change of scenery or being knocked down will be the impetus for the talent to come out/shine? Hopefully UA will have some fall ball scrimmage at home so we can get a good look at him and all the new recruits.

Inside Lacrosse continues to have a strong belief in the talents of our portal transfer pick-ups, Koleton Marquis and Rocco Moreno, their ability to contribute in a positive manner.

Comments from Inside Lacrosse:

UAlbany 
The good vibes continue out of UAlbany. Koleton Marquis (Johns Hopkins), a Native with tremendous box experience, will fit right in. Part of UAlbany’s renaissance last year was the play of Regan Endres at the face-off X; Rocco Moreno from Towson provides an option there after his graduation. 

Edited by cwdickens
update & clarification
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

If you want to know how good Koleton Marquis, watch some of the game clips between the Haudenosaunee Nationals and Team Ireland in a "friendly" game in Utica.  Koleton is the real deal.

Edited by cwdickens

19 hours ago, cwdickens said:

If you want to know how good Koleton Marquis, watch some of the game clips between the Haudenosaunee Nationals and Team Ireland in a "friendly" game in Utica.  Koleton is the real deal.

I HOPE he is as good as claimed! I will definitely watch some of the tournament in Utica. Do you have a link; if not, I am sure I can locate one, Thanks.

Do warn, that BOX Lacrosse is a different game and does NOT always translate. There are flat out stars in the NLL that were only marginal players in college and vice versa. Of course some players DO excel in both--HOPING Koleton is one.

ps any idea if we will get a chance to see him for real in FALL BALL. Perhaps Grey has some Fall Ball info??

Fall Ball will happen with the players of Scared Heart University and UAlbany participating in high school players clinic on Saturday, October 12, 2024, in Salamanca, NY.  St. Bonaventure, Scared Heart and UAlbany MLAX teams will play each other on Sunday, October 13, 2024, starting at 9:00 AM at Salamanca High School.  Source is Grayed_Dane_NIL

On 7/10/2024 at 8:54 AM, dslyank said:

I really HOPE he is as good as Greyed says he is; but the 55th (or whatever #) man on Hopkins roster does not speak well for Koleton. Hopkins is NOT the power house it use to be; and like UA is in a rebuilding mode of late. Two years one goal and only 4 appearances (none in 2024); unless he had an injury or perhaps an academic issue, does NOT speak well for the young man, no matter how many he was competing with. There is an expression in sports that talent will always rise to the forefront?

I guess sometimes it may take longer for some. I HOPE that is the case with Koleton. Sometimes a change of scenery or being knocked down will be the impetus for the talent to come out/shine? Hopefully UA will have some fall ball scrimmage at home so we can get a good look at him and all the new recruits.

59th player in the country coming out of HS NOT 59th on Hopkins