UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brent Wilson

I am not surprised that there was nothing in the TU, they've done a putrid job covering the Danes this year. I can read about Siena almost daily and I can get some info on St Rose atleast as much as I can about UA.

Yet most people think this could be an exciting year a possible turn around season for the beleagured program.

Possible articles just to name a few......

How about a feature on the trials and tribulations of Levi's first two (2) seasons.

Why not have an article about the new seven (7), the idea of adding a team on top of a team.

How about talking to Driscoll and Brown about designing long term practices with 7 or 8 players available as compared to having upto 15 bodies available.

How about a feature on "Der Big Man".

The articles on Jamar and Lucious were weak and shallow at best.

The boy's from Iowa would be a great story and would give the Albany faithful an insight as to why they chose a place so far from home.

I would like to hear Iati's outlook as to not being forced to go 40 minutes and finishing game and the season fatigued.

Why not have an interview with Wyatt about enduring the 4 years he has been here.

Edited by Patch

I believe UAlbany is holding its men's and women's basketball media day sometime this week. Generally, the media holds back on writing articles until this occurs. Siena held their event a few weeks ago, thus the extended coverage. Without football as a fall sport, I am surprised the Saints don't conduct their press day in September with the other lack of interest in their entire athletic program.

I believe UAlbany is holding its men's and women's basketball media day sometime this week. Generally, the media holds back on writing articles until this occurs. - AO

Albany Observer - I could buy into your thoughts if the TU was extending coverage to our fall sports but that's not happening either.

We have an excellent Volleyball Team and a player who broke a NCAA career record as a jr. and you have to dig through the paper to find something.

We have an excellent Men's Soccer team and it's almost impossible to find coverage.

So be it - I guess that's just the way it is.

Feature stories are one thing, which you have seen coverage of this fall (E-Rod and Coundoul). You are not going to have game stories written in the daily newspapers or beat writers attending every game. So, yes, it is impossible to find frequent coverage. The TU doesn't care. People need to get over it.

On the other hand, I am expecting a game story from the TU on the men's soccer AE Tourney game against Binghamton (hopefully, game-day preview and post-game story). Also, I would expect to see Singelais covering the AE Volleyball Tourney in Albany. This team could enter the tourney with an amazing winning streak.

In terms of basketball, yes, I expect more coverage of hoops. But, I don't care about stories about injured players at this point in time. Feature stories will surface once the players prove their impact in games that mean something.

The TU doesn't care. People need to get over it. - AO

There is nothing to get over, we as paper readers have a right to be disgruntled.

It may have no bearing on the daily paper but we have the right to express our displeasure directly to the newspaper.

It may serve no real purpose othe than venting but .......

"a squeaky wheel gets the most grease".

I'm a little curious. It seems like the subject of lack of media coverage for UAlbany athletics (other than Wyland who in essence we pay to do so)is a constant theme on this board; yet no one ever questions whether the SID or his staff has any responsibility for the lack of coverage.

Let me also raise another of the board's usual criticisms. With less than two weeks until the season starts, how come the "Meet the Team" pictures of the men's and women's coaches and players have not been updated?

yet no one ever questions whether the SID or his staff has any responsibility for the lack of coverage.

Let me also raise another of the board's usual criticisms. With less than two weeks until the season starts, how come the "Meet the Team" pictures of the men's and women's coaches and players have not been updated? - STATEFAN

Doesn't our current men's staff include Brown, Driscoll, Spisto, Stewart and Barnes.

Meet the Team is even more embarrassing.

As Albany Observer would say get over it!!!!

The TU doesn't care. People need to get over it.- AO

The TU and the UA website react the sameway - they don't.

I am in total agreement that information on the website needs to always be current. There is absolutely no excuse for the coaching info to be outdated. Some schools have full-time positions devoted to the athletic website alone. Obviously, UAlbany isn't one of them. See if you can get this position budgeted into the facilities master plan.

I am surprised that most of the website posting couldn't be handled by work study students. They wouldn't be creating they would just be updating.

"Image is everything" Andre Agassi - if this is true UA appears to be a distance away from being true DI. In this day and age one of the first things players and parents look at when be recruited by a school is its website for both school and athletic information. First impressions are extremely important.

The updating of facilities is a long term project to bring us up to a real DI level. I hope that the rest of the smaller everday needs and improvements aren't neglected, otherwise we will have much bigger problems later on.

If they truly have a comprehensive "Master Plan" I hope it is thoroughly thought out.

The website issue goes deeper than athletics. Last week, in an article on the Presidential Search, even the Times Union poked fun at our website saying that although it promised to provide up-to-date information on the Presidential search, it hadn't been updated in months. Heck, I got more information on the Presidential Seach in a post on the board by UAFAN than I did from either the website or the Times Union.