UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

RACC Floor

Regarding the floor in the RACC, I do remember reading that when San Antonio Spurs played exhibition game at the Pepsi Arena (probably against the Knicks) that the Spurs had workout day of game at the RACC & had to shorten practice as floor was either too hard or slippery. Maybe UAlbany can buy old Pepsi Arena floor as recently read that they purchased new floor from a Final 4 site from last year as so did Syracuse for Carrier Dome as wanted floor that championship was played on.

I actually got a shooting lesson from Dale Ellis that year. We were freshman when they practiced at the RACC. In any event, they did shorten the practice and it was due to the hardness. The problem is not the floor, its the fact that the floor is built into the ground. It is pretty much on a layer of concrete. They either need to physically raise the floor (like most real courts) or go to the sportcourts (which suck). The benefit of having the floor in the concrete is that it lessens the damage (think deadspots) to the floor. However it kills knees and legs....and eventually from all the knee issues...BACKS!

This is another example demonstrating the lack of funds the university administration sends to the athletic department. I think an athletic department official researched the cost of putting in another floor a few years ago, the cost being up over a few hundred thousand dollars, and brought that figure to a certain university vice president and that individual pratically laughed at them. Don't worry, after about four more torn ACLs and six more cases of plantar fascitis, maybe the upper administration won't view these injuries as isolated incidents. We are the only Division I basketball program that uses the surface we use. Whenever we build something, obviously no logic comes into play.