UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

December 28

I'm curious what everyone is doing December 28. The choices seem to be going to the Carrier Dome for Albany - Syracuse, going to the Pepsi for Siena-Vermont, staying home and listening on the radio or going to a high school tournament. My general philosophy has been to not attend Siena games as I hate the thought of my money supporting their program. I have only violated my rule once in 20something years, which was to see Lionel Chalmers two years ago, but even before the season began, I was thinking of going to the Siena-Vermont game; to support a fellow AE team and because I thought Haddix and coppenrath would be fun to watch. I went on one of the Carrier Dome Alumni Assn bus trips a few years ago, and it wasn't really too enjoyable. The seats they gave us were way worse than the seats in the second tier for the Siena game.

Anyway, I could be persuaded in any of these directions and was wondering what everyone else was planning.

I'm torn about this also.

I'd like to see either the Villanova game or the Syracuse game. Both are complicated by the fact that they're in the middle of the week.

I could possibly be persuaded to attend the Vermont-$iena game if they offered the $1 tickets for that game or if they might possibly be giving away tickets by that time. My fear is the Danes would pull a monumental upset at Syracuse that night while I spent the night at the Pepsi watching Vermont thump $iena.

I'm planning on going to the game at the Dome, and I think I've convinced my girlfriend to come along too. We are going to Maine for New Year's and leaving from her home here in Albany, so I think I'm going to hit up the game on the way to Albany from my home (Rochester area) after Christmas. After all, the game is WAY more important than any winter break...lol.

Even if we get beat bad like I'd assume, it would still be AMAZING to be there for an upset. And I'd enjoy seeing Lucious or Jamar break through the Cuse zone defense for a pretty reverse lay-up or Kirsten dunking over Craig Forth.

I plan on waiting til game time for tix though just in case of a snow storm. Because I figure they won't sell that game out considering how close in date it is to Christmas and New Year's and that it's not against a high profile team. What do all of you think?

Because I figure they won't sell that game out considering how close in date it is to Christmas and New Year's and that it's not against a high profile team. What do all of you think?

Previous Albany- SU games in the Dome have been in the 12-15K range - less than half full. You can probablly wander down to the lower level in the 2nd half

I received a post card from the Alumni Association yesterday promoting a pre-Syracuse game party at Kitty Hoynes Irish Pub & Restaurant in "historic armory square, downtown Syracuse" before the game at a cost of $20 which includes game ticket, drinks and hors d'oeuvres. Interestingly (at least to me as a long time Mets fan) one of the logos on the card is that of Rheingold Beer. So, even though I'm leaning against the Syracuse drive (mostly because the last week of the year is a busy work time for me) I raise these questions:

1. Why is an Irish Pub proud to serve Rheingold?

2. Is downtown Syracuse close to the Carrier Dome?

3. Is the Alumni Assn running a bus?

1. Why is an Irish Pub proud to serve Rheingold?

The Irish may still be grateful to the Germans for their help in procuring arms for the Easter Rising of 1916 which in time lead to Irish independence. It's also possible an Irish Pub is happy to have beer, no matter where it comes from.

2. Is downtown Syracuse close to the Carrier Dome?

I'm pretty sure it is. I've been to both Armory Square and the Carrier Dome although not on the same day. They are pretty close together although I don't think you'd want to walk from one to the other. You may need to depending on how many Rheingolds you had.

3. Is the Alumni Assn running a bus?

They usually wait until later to announce it, don't they? I've never taken it.