UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Bingo Preview

I know it's not a way to play the whole game, but do you think the Danes should be a bit more willing to foul on easy lay-ups and the such? Bingo is just barely shooting 60% from the line this season, and are even a few points worse in their conference games this year...easily dead last in the league.

Maybe not our starters, especially one's who have gotten in foul trouble (ie, Jamar and Zo), but maybe subs like Brent and even giving a Wyatt a few more minutes would do the trick. I know we won't, and shouldn't, play to foul but I just cant help to think that maybe we should be a bit more willing than usual on those easy (even break away 2 on 1 type sitautions) lay-ups for them. What do you all think?

I know Bingo looks pretty crappy on paper, but I'm still nervous playing them, especially in Vestal before what I'm sure what will be a pretty good turn-out..SUNY rivalry and all. Hopefully we take care of business and win like we should.

GODANESGO

I think we will try to play as aggressive as we can without fouling. If Zo clogs the middle and we don't let Hailey and Heard go off we'll be OK.

Offensively if we get solid games from Lu and Levi we'll be fine. Levi looked better in the 2nd half and Lu is really struggling from the perimeter.

I think Binghamton is a very dangerous team. Billings is a very good player - unclear why he isn't playing. He played well against UA the first game although I think he had some foul trouble. Also they sometimes have trouble scoring, but when the guards are hitting perimeter shots like they did against Maine and against Albany in the first game it presents a challenge.

The keys for Albany are controlling the turnovers, making some perimeter shots and getting to the line.

I don't think we can forget we needed a comeback at home to beat this team. They're better than their record indicates (although erratic) and have played a tough schedule so far including playing most of the top teams in conference early on. They're only slightly behind us in RPI and are favored to win on Wednesday according to Pomeroy. I think this is a game if where if you look at the 4-8 conference record and think all you have to do is show up and win the Danes will get beat.

In the games against them I've seen so far Bing has seemed to put a premium on trying to slow down Jamar, generally by clutching, grabbing and knocking him around whenever possible. I'd love to see him run his man into some Zoellner/Wyatt picks out high to try and get some space and maybe send a physical message of their own.

I realize there is another thread about the upcoming Vermont game. As much fun as the Vermont game could be, the upcoming games against Bing and Maine are more important in terms of conference position.