UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I would like to know others' feelings on the loyalty being displayed by Albany Athletic Director, Lee McElroy. Three years ago he hired a head basketball coach who turned out to be the wrong fit for the university. He was a poor coach, and had very little personal qualities. He became such a problem, that he was forced to resign. Will Brown was named the interm head coach and did what I percieve as a great job holding the basketball program together. In the next two years, he helped move the basketball program towards respectability. He is a great public face for the program. He has done an outstanding job recruiting. He also showed remarkable improvement in the bottom line: WINS. All his hard work and dedication toward the university and how is he rewarded? His reward is an athletic director who is slow to negotiate a contract extension. Will Brown has nothing to prove. He is a winner, a class act and will be a successful coach for many years with or without Albany. Lee McElroy needs to smarten up and get this contract extension completed. Do not forget who came to your rescue Mr. McElroy!

I agree with your comments about Brown and would very much like to see him get an extention.

Doesn't it seem a little early to say McElroy is being slow in the process? It's less than two weeks since the Danes last game.

I'd like to think the reason the deal isn't done is because Brown is out on the road recruiting more good players for next year.