UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Ryan Interim Chancellor

Dane Pound

Once again, incompetence and politcal butt-kissing gets rewarded, in the case of King. On the other hand, I think the appointment of Ryan as interim chancellor is a good move. I've spent a lot of time in Annapolis and have a nephew who graduated from the Naval Academy and have never heard anything but positive comments about Ryan.

On the other hand, I think the appointment of Ryan as interim chancellor is a good move. I've spent a lot of time in Annapolis and have a nephew who graduated from the Naval Academy and have never heard anything but positive comments about Ryan.

From my brief contacts with Admiral Ryan at UAlbany I'll second that opinion.

To keep this Danes Ahtletics oriented let me just add an anecdote. Shortly before the end of Admiral Ryan's term at UA he showed up at women's baskteball game, all by himself (no entourage, etc) and joined us in Section 200. He enthusiastically cheered Hutch and Co. throughout the game, and even shouted a few comments to "remind" the refs to pay attention :-)

BTW Admiral Ryan played basketball during his midshipman days at the Naval Academy.

One other FWIW, under Admiral Ryan's leadership the plan was set in motion to re-institute football at SUNY-Maritime. They'll play a club schedule in Fall 05 and plan for full D-III in 2006. Maritime is an interesting, though overlooked place in the SUNY system. If you know of young men and women embarking on the college search process encourage them to take a look -- after they consider UA of course !

To keep this brief, since this is a sports forum and not a political one, King's background was in budget management. In my opinion, the primary role of an administrator, including the one who is the chief administrator of the State University, is to facilitate the needs of the universities in the system and to develop the resources they need to meet the educational goals of those institutions. Judging from the daily stories in the press on the fiscal crises our state schools find themselves in, King simply didn't get the job done dspite his credentials.